How to migrate Desktop Central server installation from one drive/location to another within the same computer?
This document will provide you the steps to migrate Desktop Central Server from one drive/location to another within the same computer.
- To know the steps to migrate Desktop Central server from one computer to another click here.
- To know the steps to migrate Desktop Central Product from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture click here.
- You should not download a fresh EXE from the website and install in the new computer, you should only copy the installation directory to the new location.
- After migration, ensure that the patch and software repositories are reachable/accessible from the Desktop Central server.
- Stop the Desktop Central Server before starting the migration process. To check if the server has stopped, go to task manager and ensure that no processes are running from Desktop Central folder.
- Copy the entire Desktop Central server folder from the old location and paste it in the new location.
- Navigate to <Installation_Dir>\conf in the new location and delete ws.modtime file.
- From command prompt in administrator mode, execute the following commands from <Installation_Dir>\bin.
- For build below 91054 - runonce.bat
- For build 91054 or above - runOnceAsAdmin.bat
- Start the Desktop Central Server.
You have successfully migrated Desktop Central server from one drive/location to another within the same computer.
If you still have queries in this migration process, send the server logs to Desktop Central support at email@example.com