How to deploy Microsoft Office to computers running Mac operating system?
This document will explain you the steps involved in deploying Microsoft Office to computers running Mac operating system.
To Deploy Microsoft Office for Mac computers, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Create a Package
- Deploy it to target computers
Create a Package
- Click Software Deployment tab on Endpoint Central console
- Under Software Config select the Package and click Add Package to choose Mac
- Enter the name for the package
- Click Installation tab
- If you have got the Microsoft Office CD, then copy the contents of the CD and compress it to a .zip folder.
- Click Add Files to upload the installer in .dmg or .zip format (If the installer type is .pkg, zip it and upload the installer).
- Click Add Package to complete package creation.
A software package is created and ready to be deployed to the target computers.
Deploy to target computers
- Select the package that you added
- Click Install/Uninstall Software
- Enter a name and description for the configuration
- Define the package settings
- Configure the deployment settings
- Choose the target computers
- Specify the schedule options, if required
- Click Deploy
You have deployed Microsoft Office to the target computers.