Integrated IT Management Solution
Network / Server Monitoring
Comprehensive Network Monitoring: The Challenges
The prevalent challenge faced by any organization would be in meeting their goals or their budgets, without a heavy reliance on networked services and applications. Unfortunately, this widespread reliance on networking also means that the risks of network failures, outages or substandard performance can result in critical and sometimes irreparable damage to business and brand reputation.
These escalating risks need to be countered by the deployment of a comprehensive Network-Monitoring System that proactively assures availability and performance.
Vital Requirements for Comprehensive, Centralized Network Monitoring
If you have an idea of implementing a comprehensive network monitoring strategy, then that is the only way to guarantee the required levels of uptime needed to support today's networked applications. In that perspective, a network monitoring function must be designed with the following primary goals:
- Establishing a centralized 24x7 network monitoring platform that effectively monitors the critical network devices throughout the entire network
- Ability to quickly and accurately identify specific network issues as they arise and to pin-point fault locations anywhere across the network
- Direct integration with existing organizational structures and support staff to ensure timely notification, targeted response and follow-up.
IT360 - More than just a network monitoring solution
IT360 is an integrated IT management solution which also does network monitoring to give you a real-time visibility into entire IT infrastructure and their interdependencies. The Network monitoring module of IT360 lets you monitor and receive alerts on all the network happenings you care about most! It scans your network for failures or irregularities before users reports.. IT360 provides instant notification of any problems by actions such as email, sms, trap, etc. and can take a number of remedial actions automatically.
Key Attributes of Network Monitoring with IT360
IT360 guides you in monitoring the availability and performance of the various network devices such as Routers and Switches. It offers an end-to-end monitoring platform that offers advanced fault and performance management across WAN, VoIP services, network devices, and other IT infrastructure such as printers, UPS etc. It also enables automatic discovery of the network devices. With IT360, your network monitoring task is made easy by the extensive list of devices and interface templates containing device configurations.
The Device Snapshot View of IT360 Network Devices
IT360's Device Snapshot view shows various metrics such as the health, availability, response time, etc., of its network resources, at a glance. The Device Snapshot page can be viewed under the Networks tab, by clicking any of the individual devices under Device Summary, from the Network Overview page. Refer the below figure:
Now, clicking the link of any of the network devices under Device Summary, the Device Snapshot page of that device will be shown (as in the below figure). It displays the following information:
- Device Details: Displays the system's details, such as the IP address, Vendor, Category, etc.
- Device Notes: Shows the additional device details.
- Tool set: Lists the tools for performing various operations such as Ping, Trace Route and Browse.
- Today's Availability: Displays the device availability of the current day in the form of a pie graph.
- Response Time: Shows the current response time of the device.
- Today`s Packet Loss: Shows the packet loss percentage for the device, on the current day.
- CPU Utilization: Shows the current CPU load of the device. Clicking on the graph shows the trend chart of CPU utilization.
- UPS Load: Shows the current UPS load of the device. Clicking on the graph shows the trend chart of UPS utilization.
- UPS Status: Shows the current UPS status information of the device.
- Memory Utilization: Displays the current memory utilization of the device.
- Backplane Utilization: Displays the current memory utilization of the device.
- Monitors: This tab lists different monitors for the device.
- Notification Profiles: This tab lists the notification profiles associated to the device.
- Interfaces: Displays the list of interfaces in the selected device, with their status and other details.
Features & Benefits
- Easily deployable monitoring points
- Agentless monitoring methodology to monitor all your network devices with ease.
- Flexible options for timely alerts & persistent follow-up.
- Fits smoothly with any existing network monitoring methodologies.
- Enhanced visibility into IT infrastructure.
- Enhanced awareness of performance trends and latent or emerging problems.