Adding WMI-based Custom Monitors
In addition to OpManager's default monitors, you can also create
your own monitors for the WMI-enabled devices in your network.
To add a custom monitor for a resource of a particular device type,
the device template must be modified. The new monitor should be defined
in the device template so that the monitor is associated for all
devices of that type. Here are the steps.
- Go to Admin --> Device Templates.
- Select the template in which you want to add a new monitor. Eg:
Windows XP (Click the letter W to display
templates starting with this letter).
- From here, click any template. Example -Windows XP. Scroll down the template and click Add Monitors under Monitors
- Click the New
Monitor --> WMI link in this
- Select a device name that OpManager can query. OpManager executes a WMI query on the device and checks the response.
- Specify the WMI credential to be used for that device. OpManager needs to authenticate itself to the device using the WMI credential specified.
- Configure the interval at which the resource should be monitored and click Next.
- Select the WMI Class to list the performance counters present in that WMI Class.
- Select the Performance counters and the instances (the instances are also listed here) that require monitoring and click on OK. The monitors are added to the template.
- Click on Apply to apply this template to the required Windows devices.
Applying the template to the other devices, adds the new custom monitors to all the selected devices, and the selected resources are monitored at the interval configured in the template.
Note: While selecting the WMI class, current value shown on mouse over is the raw data and it is NOT the value calculated using the appropriate counter type of the WMI performance counter.Upon associating to devices, counter values will be calculated based upon the counter types.
Copyright © 2012, ZOHO Corp
. All Rights Reserved.