How to apply service pack?
- 1. Choose your
- 2. Download the
- 3. Apply it on
- 4. Restart
Choose your upgrade path
|Current build||Upgrade path to the latest build|
||- Install the service pack to move to the latest build 123129
|12300 & above
||- Install the service pack to move to the latest build 123086
||- Fill this form to migrate to build 12300
|12000 / 12100
||- Install the Service Pack to move to build 12200
||- Fill this form to download the service pack to move to build 12200 ( Watch video )
|11100 / 11200 / 11300 / 11400 / 11500
||- Install the Service Pack to move to build 11600
|Build below 11100
||- Click here to know the steps
- Shut down OpManager. (If OpManager is running as a windows service, stop the service from 'Control Panel' > 'Services' window and close the window)
- Start command prompt as an administrator [cmd > right click --> run as administrator] Click here to see the screenshot.
- Backup database - click here to know the steps.
- End the processes: Open the Task Manager and make sure the processes 'java.exe' or 'wrapper.exe' of OpManager and the plug-ins (NetFlow, NCM & IPAM) are terminated. If not, terminate the processes.
- Backup OpManager folder: Take a copy of '<OpManager-home-directory>' folder. This step is to back up the product configuration settings and the plug-in data.
- Launch Update Manager - Go to '<OpManager-home-directory>/bin' folder and run the script 'UpdateManager.bat' (UpdateManager.sh for Linux).
- Click 'Browse' button to select the Upgrade Pack file (the .ppm file that you'd downloaded) and choose 'Install'.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to apply the Service/Upgrade Pack.
- Once the upgrade is complete, start OpManager Service for the changes to take effect.
Remember, if you are applying more than one upgrade pack, you have to follow the above instructions for applying each upgrade pack. For instance, if you are on build 11100 and have to move to 11600, here is how you should go about it.
- Follow steps 1 to 9 to upgrade to build 11100. Ensure you start OpManager after this upgrade.
- Again stop OpManager and follow steps 1 to 9 to move to build 11600.
How can I find the build number of OpManager?
- In the Web Client select the "Administrator" icon on the top left of the page.
- Search for the 'Build Number' among the product details listed.
- Check the following image guide to locate the build number.
Need help ?
Want help with upgrading OpManager to the latest version? Contact OpManager Support
Know what's coming up next with OpManager, click here
for the product road map.