OpManager (from build 7000 onwards) comes with an in-built
flash-based MapMaker. No more hassles of invoking a separate tool to
create business views.
Click the small down arrow in the Maps tab or simply mouse-over. The
default maps, with options to add more maps are seen.
- From the pop-up in the Maps tab, click Add Business View option.
- Configure a name for the business view.
- From the available devices list, select the devices you want to
be grouped in this business view, and move them to the right- to the
Selected Devices column,
- Select the background from the corresponding list box.
- Click Apply.
- Drop the devices on the map and click on the confirmation
check-box that appears.
- Once the devices are dropped on the map, select and drag-drop the
devices to be placed in the required location on the map.
- Click Save button on the left to create and
save the map.
- Click Exit to see the newly created business
view. You will also find the availability dashboard for the devices in
the business view.
Drawing a Link Between Devices
To represent the network diagram in the map, OpManager allows you to
draw links between the devices in a business view. You can assign a
meaningful name to the link and also configure to change the color of
the link to indicate its status.
To draw a link, follow the steps given below:
- Click the Add Link button on the left.
- From the map on the right, click the device from which you want
to draw a link (the source device) and move the mouse to the
destination device and click that device. A link properties dialog pops
- Configure a display name for the link.
- In the Get Status from field, select any
interface from either the source device or the destination device. The
link will inherit the status of the interface that you choose here. For
instance, if the source device goes down, and if you have selected an
interface from that device, the link also inherits the status of that
- Select the line type and size.
- Deselect the Show Arrow check box if you don't want
to show the traffic arrows.
- Click Apply.
- Click Save on the left to save the changes.
Modifying Business Views
You can make changes to the business views created. Access the
business view either from the Maps tab or from the list of views under
the Home tab. Click the Edit icon to modify the view properties. After
you modify the properties like adding/removing links, adding more
devices to the view, adding shortcuts on the view, changing background
etc, click the Save
button on the left to save the changes.
You can add shortcut icons to business views that helps you to
drill-down the network. This helps you to easily navigate to a view
from another view when objects are grouped based on their geographical
Note: You must have created atleast two business
views to be able to add a shortcut from one view to another.
Here are the steps to add shortcuts on the business views:
- Go the the business view and click the Edit option on right-top
corner of the view.
- Click the Add Shortcut button on the left. A shortcut properties
dialog pops up.
- Configure a name for the shortcut in the Shortcut Name
- From the Open Submap list-box, select the map
which should be opened when you click the shortcut.
- Select the icon to be used for the shortcut from the Default
Icons or select from the Custom Icon
- Click Apply for the shortcut to be added.
Copyright © 2012, ZOHO Corp
. All Rights Reserved.