Discovering Networks Using OpManager
You can discover devices on a network by either specifying a range
or the entire network
OpManager uses ICMP/Nmap to discover the devices on a network.
Discover a range
To discover devices from a selected range specify the start and end
ip address and select the netmask for the devices to be discovered
within that range.
Discover a complete network
- Click the Admin tab.
- Under Discovery, select Discover Devices.
- Use IP Range: Select this option to specify the range.
- Start IP: Specify the IP address of the device in the range from
where OpManager should start discovery.
- End IP: Specify the IP address till which OpManager should
- Netmask: Select the correct netmask.
- Discovery Credentials: Select the configured
Credentials to be used for discovery.
- Advanced SNMP Settings: Click here to configure an increase SNMP
timeout or SNMP retries.
OpManager supports discovering Hyper-V hosts and VMs using CIDR.
- Use CIDR: Select this option to discover an entire network.
- Network IP: Specify the Network IP to be discovered.
- Credentials: Select the
credentials and SNMP settings as mentioned above.
- Click Discovery for the discovery to start.
Discover by Importing from a file
You can import a set of IP addresses for discovery from a csv file.
- Create a csv file (as shown below) with the details of
name/ipaddress of the
device, displayname and device type.
- Browse and select the CSV file from which you want the devices
discovered and imported.
- Select the Device Name/IP, Display Name and Device Type columns
in the CSV file and click OK.
- Provide the correct netmask.
Import the Devices into OpManager
All the discovered devices are listed category-wise.
- Click Import Devices to add all the devices for monitoring.
- Click Finish once the devices are added.
Copyright © 2012, ZOHO Corp
. All Rights Reserved.