Log File Monitoring
Every application prints status messages, error messages, and other critical information in its log. It is very tedious to skim through all these bulky log files for understanding the application performance. To manage such mission critical applications in real time, monitoring their log files is necessary. OpManager offers agent-based log file monitoring for real-time fault and performance management.
How log file monitoring works?
The log file monitoring agent installed in the end machine, monitors the log files continuously for the required string (It may even be a regex). Once that string is printed, it immediately notifies OpManager server, which in-turn raises the alarm.
Steps to add a log file monitor
Prerequisite: Before installing the agent, add that device in OpManager.
- Install the agent in the end machine which has the log files.
- Go to Admin-> File Monitoring Templates-> New Template.
- Enter a template name, and path of the file.
- Click Next.
- Under File Contains row, enter the String to be searched. OpManager supports regular expressions as well. Note: All the special characters should be preceded by a backslash.
- Select Match Case check box, if you want the search to be case sensitive.
- Enter the number for consecutive times of the log print for which you want to raise the alarm.
- Click Next and associate it to the required devices. You have successfully added a log file monitoring template.
- Now map the agent to the device that you have added in OpManager (prerequisite).
- Go to Admin-> Agents. You can find the agent installed device listed.
- Select the respective device in the Mapped Device column.
- Click confirm to map the device.
You have successfully created a log file monitor.
Copyright © 2012, ZOHO Corp
. All Rights Reserved.