Monitoring VMware ESX/ESXi servers
OpManager monitors your VMware servers for availability and
performance using native APIs. The advantage of using native APIs is
that it does not require any agent to be installed on your servers.
Moreover, it enhances the usability and offers in-depth monitoring
capabilities to troubleshoot
your Virtual Infrastructure.
Some of the highlights of monitoring VMware Servers with OpManager:
Apart from monitoring the Hosts and VMs, OpManager also monitors the
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of guest OSs. Similar to that of any
Windows or Linux server, OpManager monitors the applications, Windows
& TCP services, processes running on the VMs using WMI/SNMP.
- Supports ESX/ESXi 3.5 to latest version 5.1
- Monitors effective utilization of critical resources like CPU,
Memory, Network and Disk
- Supports monitoring of hardware health such as temperate, voltage, power, fan speed, status of processors, disk arrays, etc. of HP, Dell and Cisco systems, via SNMP.
- Out-of-the-box 70 plus
reports on Host and VMs
- Automatically maps the VMotioned VMs to the corresponding Hosts
Pre-requisites for monitoring
VMware ESX/ESXi Servers
- HTTPS User Name and Password: As OpManager uses native APIs to
monitor the VMware servers, it requires https username and password of
the Host server to poll the performance data. Provide the correct https
username and password when discovering the Host.
- VMware Tools (optional): We recommend that you install VMware
on the VMs. In general, VMware tools improve the performance of the
Virtual Machine. Moreover, they offer IP address of the VMs,
which helps OpManager to automatically discover them. Click here to
know the procedures for installing
Copyright © 2012, ZOHO Corp
. All Rights Reserved.