How to add multiple email addresses to user accounts in bulk
Objective: To add multiple email addresses to users accounts in bulk.
Solution: The CSV import option in ADManager Plus makes is easier to add multiple email addresses to multiple user accounts in just a single operation. You can add the additional email addresses:
- At the time of creating new user accounts
- Modify the existing user accounts - using either the CSV Import or Modify SMTP addresses option.
8.1 Steps to add multiple email addresses while creating new user accounts
- Click on AD Mgmt.
- Go to User Management → User Creation → Create Bulk Users. Or, go to CSV Import → Create Users.
- Select the Domain and the required User Creation Template.
- Use the Add Users option to enter the required details, including the proxy or additional email addresses, for each user account one after the other.
- Alternatively, you can import a CSV file with the list of all the users to be created along with the appropriate values for all their attributes. To configure multiple email addresses, in the proxyAddresses column in the CSV File, enter the required email addresses separated by semicolons (;).
- Click on Next.
- Select the required Container or create a new one using the Create New OU link.
- Click on create users to create the required user accounts with the multiple email addresses for each account.
8.2 Steps to add multiple email addresses to existing user accounts
a. Using CSV Import option
- Click on AD Mgmt.
- Go to User Management → CSV Import → Modify Users. Or, go to CSV Import → Modify Objects → Modify User Attributes.
- Select the Domain in which the required user accounts are located.
- Click on import and select the CSV file that contains the values for the attributes to be modified including the proxyAddresses attribute. The CSV file must have at least one mandatory attribute (like Distinguished Name) for each user account along with the required email addresses in the proxyAddresses column. All the email addresses must be separated by semicolons (;).
- After selecting the file, click on Update in AD to add the required email addresses to the user accounts mentioned in the CSV file.
b. Using the 'Modify SMTP Addresses' option in Bulk User Modification
- Click on AD Mgmt tab.
- Go to User Management → Bulk User Modification → Exchange Tasks → Modify SMTP Addresses.
- In the Modify SMTP address page, select either the Mail Box Enabled Users or Mail Enabled Users option.
- Click on the Add button located beside the Proxy Address attribute.
- In the popup window that opens up, specify multiple formats in order to create multiple email addresses. Click on OK once you have added the required email address formats.
- Select the Domain and OUs in which the required user accounts are located.
- Use the search option to locate the user accounts for which multiple email addresses have to be added.
- Alternatively, specify the list of user accounts to be modified in the form of a CSV file by using the CSV Import option. Once you select and import the required CSV file, all the user accounts mentioned in the file will be listed in the modify SMTP address page.
- Select the desired user accounts and click on Apply. This will add multiple email addresses to all the selected user accounts in all the formats that you have specified in the Proxy Address option.
Select a language to translate the contents of this web page:
"We evaluated ADManager Plus along with several other Active Directory Management and Reporting software. After using it really made life easy for administrators. It is very understandable and fast to learn, I didn't even read the manual."
Bogdan Campeanu, Network Engineer