Help Desk Technicians using ServiceDesk Plus will have different access permissions and tasks to operate in the application. These access permissions are defined by Roles in ServiceDesk Plus. The roles are pre-defined access permissions assigned to different technicians by the administrator based on the job requirements.
The lack of customization in the roles was a general inconvenience faced by help desk administrators over the years. The introduction of fine grain authorization will help administrators to customize the access permissions in a more advanced and detailed fashion. The new "Advanced Permission" levels enable the administrator to configure the access permissions for even minor operations by enabling a few check boxes
- Fine Grain Authorization provides extended control to the administrator and allows him to configure what the technicians access levels are
- Separate access permissions to adding requests, editing requests, adding new requesters, merging requests, closing requests, modifying due by time, modifying resolution, deleting requests, notes and time entries can be given based on the requirement
- The access permissions for what set of requests a technician should see can also be made with the advanced permissions option
- The permission to provide approval for solutions can also be made
- The power of rolling back the access permissions resides with administrator and can be exercised as needed
- Fine Grained Authorization gives the administrator the much needed customization capabilities with respect to defining roles
- It increases the access controls and authority of the administrator on the technicians and what they can access in ServiceDesk Plus
- It amplifies the data security and keeps a tab on the modifications in the help desk tool.