ITIL Configuration Management Database
Control the Business Impact and Get more visibility on your IT closet
ServiceDesk Plus CMDB enables more control over the IT and ensures effortless management of your entire IT infrastructure.
By demanding in-depth visibility of your assets present in the environment, ServiceDesk Plus provides more transparency on relationships between the Configuration Items, giving you complete control over implementing changes and also helps in analyzing the business impact caused due to malfunction of any Configuration Item. ServiceDesk Plus centralizes information about all Configuration Items, including their attributes and relationships with which you can ensure uptime and service availability. CMDB supports you to control all the IT components based on their significance and the business criticality.
Making decisions will be simpler as ServiceDesk Plus makes CMDB an effective tool, assiting you to analyze the root cause of incidents reported. CMDB lets you to be proactive for any change and by identifying the inter dependencies of CIs, by centralizing the storage of asset information. The direct visualization map in ServiceDesk Plus helps you to have a detailed view on configuration item (CIs) relationships, identifying the relationships between CIs and its impact on the environment. In addition, ServiceDesk Plus integrates the incident, problem and change modules with CMDB.
- ServiceDesk Plus provides a list of pre-defined Configuration Item Types and Relationship Types, also supporting a parent- child hierarchy for CI Types. You can establish and maintain relationships with other assets, software, business services, components and users, which provide enough information on the impact analysis.
- Each CI Type is defined with attributes and relationships. The Child CI Type will inherit the attributes and relationships configured for the Parent CI Type.
- Visualization map provides a detailed view of the CI relationships which will help in identifying the dependencies and impact of CIs before performing any changes or in case of any problems. Also add new CI types and define relationships between the assets.
- View the pending requests, problems and changes raised for Assets, Business Service or IT Service from the relationship map.
- Reduces your manual process by tracking your IT assets automatically.
ServiceDesk Plus provides default and customizable configuration item types categorizing each business critical CI. Each CI type will have its own attribute and relationship defined by key stakeholders.
Populating the configuration management database is achieved by importing the data of IT assets into the system, centralizing the information. CIs can be imported through AD or CSV file and through network/windows domain scan. Relationships between the CIs can be added and used as an information model in impact analysis and change management.