Integrating with ServiceDesk Plus
This guide will show you how to integrate ManageEngine Analytics Plus from your ServiceDesk Plus account. The advanced analytics platform seamlessly integrates with ServiceDesk Plus, giving you a high level view of your help desk, with the ability to drill-down into specifics. Create intuitive reports and view live dashboards easily and flexibly without writing lengthy database queries.
Highlights of ServiceDesk Plus Integration
Service Catalogue reports
Change Management reports
Asset Management reports
For a full list of reports offered, click here.
ServiceDesk Plus Integration Prerequisites:
- Log in to your ServiceDesk Plus account as 'Administrator'.
Click on the Admin tab, and select the Advanced Analytics option under the Integrations section.
- In the Configuration Wizard page that appears, download the Analytics Plus application by clicking on the Download link. You can also access the download page here.
Select the required version of ManageEngine Analytics Plus, and download and install the application. (Click here to learn more about the Installation process.)
Once the application is downloaded, click the Setup Advanced Analytics Integration button.
In the Credentials section, select the ManageEngine Analytics Plus (On Premise) radio button.
- Enter the Host name / IP address of your machine.
Enter the Port number (8443 is set by default).
Enter your ManageEngine Analytics Plus Username / email address and Password. (Enter your registered email address to receive notifications).
Provide the initial synchronization date and time. (Data present in ServiceDesk Plus from the given date till the current date will be uploaded into ManageEngine Analytics Plus).
To complete the integration process, click Save.
The initial data synchronization between Manage Engine Analytics Plus and ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus will happen now and the Additional Setup tab will become accessible in a few minutes.
Note: If there is a proxy between ManageEngine Analytics Plus and ServiceDesk Plus, the proxy details need to be updated using the Change Proxy Settings link.
- Click the Additional Setup tab in the Advanced Analytics section.
Choose the frequency of data synchronization between ServiceDesk Plus and the Advanced Analytics module in the Periodic Data Synchronization section.
To synchronize your data once everyday, click on the drop box next to Every Day and select the At option and mention the time of the day at which the synchronization is to be made.
To synchronize your data multiple times each day, click on the drop box next to Every Day and select the Every option and mention the frequency at which the synchronization is to be made.
To sync the latest data in ServiceDesk Plus, click on Instant Sync
- In the Data Retention Policy section, configure the time period for which the ServiceDesk Plus data needs to be retained in Analytics Plus, by choosing between options present in the drop box present.
The User Info section lists the users who have access to ServiceDesk Plus workspace in the Analytics Plus. The user list is refreshed every 7 days.
The License Information section will display the number of available records and the license expiry information of Analytics Plus.
- Once all the settings have been configured, click on the Reports tab in the ServiceDesk Plus application, and click the Advanced Analytics button. This opens the ManageEngine Analytics Plus application in a new tab, and displays 300+ pre-built reports and dashboards.
Note: The synchronization with ServiceDesk Plus is known to fail if there are special characters in the service catalog name. Underscore is accepted in the service catalog name. Please remove special characters from the service catalog name before setting up the synchronization.