Integrating with ServiceDesk Plus MSP
This guide will show you how to integrate ManageEngine Analytics Plus from your ServiceDesk Plus MSP account.
The advanced analytics platform seamlessly integrates with ServiceDesk Plus MSP, giving you a high level view of your help desk, with the ability to drill-down into specifics. Create intuitive reports and view live dashboards easily and flexibly without writing lengthy database queries.
Highlights of ServiceDesk Plus MSP Integration
For a full list of reports offered, click here.
ServiceDesk Plus MSP Integration Prerequisites:
- You should have installed both Analytics Plus and ServiceDesk Plus MSP.
- The ServiceDesk Plus - MSP build number should be 9005 or above.
- The default port used by Analytics Plus is 8443 (unless changed at the time of installation). Please make sure this port is open on your firewall prior to integration. To verify port access, try launching the Analytics Plus web client from the Servicedesk Plus MSP server.
- If both your applications (Servicedesk Plus MSP and Analytics Plus) are running on the same server, you don't have to worry about the port access.
- Login to your ServiceDesk Plus MSP account as 'Administrator'
- Go to the 'Admin' Tab -> Integrations -> Advanced Analytics
- Configuration Wizard for ManageEngine Analytics Plus Integration opens up.
- Download ManageEngine Analytics Plus from the Download link.
- Select the required version of ManageEngine Analytics Plus
- Download and Install ManageEngine Analytics Plus.
- Click here to know about the Installation process.
In the Credentials section,
Select ManageEngine Analytics Plus (On Premise)
- Enter the Hostname / IP address of your machine.
- Enter the Portnumber (8443 is set by default)
- Enter your ManageEngine Analytics Plus Username / email address and Password. (Enter your registered email address to receive notifications)
- Provide the Initialsynchronizationdate and time. (Data present in SDP from the given date till the current date, will be uploaded into ManageEngine Analytics Plus)
- Click on the "Save" button, to complete the Integration process.
Initial data sync between Manage Engine Analytics Plus and ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus MSP will happen now and the Additional Settings tab will become accessible in a few minutes.
Note: Proxy details need to updated if there is a proxy between ManageEngine Analytics Plus and ServiceDesk Plus MSP.
Click on the "Additional Setup" in the Advanced Analytics section.
- Choose the frequency of data synchronization between ServiceDesk Plus MSP and the Advanced Analytics module in the Periodic Data Synchronization section.
- To synchronize your data once everyday, click on the drop box next to Every Day and select the "At" option and mention the time of the day at which the synchronization is to be made.
- To synchronize your data multiple times each day, click on the drop box next to Every Day and select the "Every" option and mention the frequency at which the synchronization is to be made.
- To sync the latest data in SDP click on "Instant Sync"
- Configure the time period for which the ServiceDesk Plus MSP data needs to be retained in the Advanced Analytics module, by choosing between options present in the drop box present in the Data Retention Policy section.
- "User Info" section, will list the users who have access to ServiceDesk Plus MSP workspace in the Advanced Analytics module. The user list is refreshed every 7 days.
- "License Information" will display the number of available records and the license expiry information of the Advanced Analytics module.
- Once all the settings have been configured, click on the "Reports" tab present on the top.
- Click on the "Advanced Analytics" button that appears below, when the "Reports" tab is clicked.
- Clicking on the "Advanced Analytics" button, opens up ManageEngine Analytics Plus in a new tab.
- You will land on the ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus MSP Analytics page, where you can start creating insightful reports and dashboards.
Note: Synchronization with ServiceDesk Plus is known to fail if there are special characters in the service catalog name. Underscore (_) is accepted in the service catalog name. Please remove special characters in the service catalog name before setting up the synchronization.