Software Deployment How To's
How to install Black Berry software using Desktop Central?
This document will explain you about the steps involved in installing Black Berry software using Desktop Central.
Steps to deploy Black Berry software to a PC
- Download the Black Berry Desktop Software 6.1 .exe file from www.blackberry.com/desktop.
- Extract the downloaded content into a new directory in the common network share
- In the webconsole, navigate to Software Deployment > Packages > Add Package
- Select package type as MSIEXEC/EXE/ISS/Command
- Enter "Application Name"
- Select path type as "Network Path"
- Under "Installation Command with Switches/Arguments:"
- Browse for the setup.exe from the extracted folder in the network share
- Specify the silent install parameters as follows :
\\nwshare\610_b038_multilanguage\setup.exe /s /l<language_code> /v" /qn <parameter_list>
Eg: To install the application in English language, for all users, creating a desktop shortcut :
\\nwshare\610_b038_multilanguage\setup.exe /s /l1033 /v" /qn ALL_USERS=1 SHORTCUT_DESKTOP=1
- Click Add Package
- Deploy to target computers
- Select the package that you added
- Click Install/Uninstall Software
- Enter a name and description for the configuration
- Define the package settings
- Configure the deployment settings
- Choose the target computers
- Specify the schedule options, if required
- Click Deploy
You have successfully deployed Black Berry software to computers.