How to migrate Endpoint Central MSP from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture?
The document provides the steps required to migrate Endpoint Central MSP from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture.
Before migrating the product, you have to meet the following requirements
- Ensure that your product is running on a 64-bit OS. If your product is running on a 32-bit OS, click here to know the steps to migrate your product to 64-bit OS.
- Ensure that your Product build number is above 10.0.599. Click here to migrate to the latest build.
Note: Migration is not supported for MySQL database, hence migrate your server to PgSQL or MsSQL database.
Before installing the migration pack follow the steps given below
- Take a backup of the Endpoint Central MSP installation directory (<Install_Dir>/DesktopCentralMSP_Server) to avoid any data loss during the migration process.
- Ensure that either your Endpoint Central MSP installation directory or the Endpoint Central MSP Directory folder in the system on which the Endpoint Central MSP database is running is not scanned by the anti virus.
- If the Endpoint Central MSP Service is being monitored by a 3rd party tool or a script that will restart the service, ensure that you disable it until you complete the migration process.
Steps to migrate DC MSP from 32-bit to 64-bit architecture
- Download the migration pack in the system where the Endpoint Central MSP Product is installed. The SHA256 checksum hash value is 08fc6b4dc08ffbd6fe7561855847c68e378ad88f8afb7a475da5d5024ea35749
- Stop the Endpoint Central MSP Server before starting the migrating process. (either through Start --> Programs --> ManageEngine Endpoint Central MSP--> Stop Endpoint Central MSP or Right click Endpoint Central MSP logo on the Notification area of Task bar and click Stop Service)
- Execute the UpdateManager.bat file present in the <Endpoint Central MSP_Home>/bin directory.
- Click "Browse" to locate the migration pack that you have downloaded.
- Click "Install" to initiate the migration process. This may take few minutes depending on the amount of data that needs to be migrated, wait until the migration is completed.
- Click "Close" and "Exit" to exit the Update Manager tool.
Warning : Don't start the Endpoint Central MSP server before exiting update manager tool.
- Start the Endpoint Central MSP Server.(either through Start --> Programs --> ManageEngine Endpoint Central MSP--> Start Endpoint Central MSP or Right click Endpoint Central MSP logo on the Notification area of Task bar and click Start Service)
You have successfully migrated to 64-bit architecture.