Service Packs and Hotfixes
If you are new to Desktop Central MSP, download the complete EXE
. there is no need to download Service Pack/Hotfix separately.
We recommend users to move to the latest version of Desktop Central MSP - Build 10.0.442 (Learn what's new!).
- If your build number isUpgrade to Build Number
- 80201 to 80364Download and upgrade to 90003.
- 90001 to 90145Download and upgrade to 91003.
- 91001 to 91129Download and upgrade to 92006.
- 92000 to 92120Download and upgrade to 10.0.5.
- 10.0.0 to 10.0.441Download and upgrade to 10.0.442.
- Ensure to prevent your antivirus from scanning,
- Desktop Central MSP installation directory
- Desktop Central MSP Directory folder in which DC database is running.
- If the Desktop Central MSP Service is being monitored by a 3rd party tool or a script that will restart the service, ensure that you disable it until you complete the upgrade process.
- If you have to install a couple of service packs and hotfixes to reach the latest version, it is recommended to exit the Update Manager tool for every PPM installation.
Instructions to Apply Service Packs & Hot Fixes
- Stop Desktop Central MSP.
Open services.msc --> Find ManageEngine Desktop Central MSP Server --> Stop the service.
- Execute the UpdateManager.bat file present in the <desktop central MSP_home>/bin directory.
If you have installed Desktop Central MSP Server on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 2008, Windows 8, or Windows 2012, you should login as a default administrator before running the Update Manager tool.
- Click "Browse" and select the.ppm file that you have downloaded and install the file.
This may take few minutes depending on the amount of data that needs to be migrated. Wait until the service pack / hotfix is fully installed.
- Close and exit the Update Manager tool.
- Start Desktop Central MSP.
How do I find out my build number?
- Log in to the Desktop Central MSP web client and navigate to the top right corner where Build version will be listed.
- Also, you can find the build version in Support tab -> General Details -> Product Information -> Build Version.
This is the build number of the currently installed Desktop Central MSP.
If you still have troubles in updating Desktop Central MSP to the latest build write to us at email@example.com