How to set Admin Credentials to run Desktop Central in Vista/2008/Windows 7?
This is applicable only if you install Desktop Central Server in windows Vista, Windows 2008 or Windows 7.
Before you set Admin Credential:
- For running Desktop Central MSP Service in Windows Vista, Windows 2008 or Windows 7 operating systems, you need to specify user credentials with administrative privileges. This is not required for other operating systems like Windows XP, 2003 Server, etc.
- When you install Desktop Central MSP Server in Windows Vista, the Desktop Central Service has to be run as a specific user who has administrative privileges.
- Specify the user name and password of an user account that has administrative privileges on the computer where Desktop Central MSP Server is installed. The user specified here can be either a domain user or a local user with admin privileges.
- It is recommended to set the password of the user specified here to "Password Never Expires". When the password of this user changes, Desktop Central MSP Server will not be able to start as the credentials will fail.
Steps to change the logon account of the ManageEngine Desktop Central MSP Server Service:
- Goto Start menu --> Control Panel --> Administrative Tools.
- Click on Services.
- Right-click ManageEngine Desktop Central MSP 7 Service, and then click Properties.
- On the Logon tab, select This account, and type the new account name and password. Enter the same password in the Confirm password text field.
- Click OK .
- Right-click ManageEngine Desktop Central MSP 7 Service, and then click Restart.