Software Deployment failure - Incorrect Function
You are unable to deploy software and get an error message -"Incorrect Function" during the process.
The installation process gets quit abruptly due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Shutdown / log off has been called while the installation is in progress.
- There is not enough space to install the software.
- There came a pop-up that the end user had rejected during installation.
- There was a pop-up with an error message.
- Ensure that the installation is not interrupted by Shutdown / Log Off either due to user action or by the regular shutdown activity scheduled after business hours by the admin team.
- Check if there is sufficient space to install the software. Else free the hard-disk.
- Verify the functionality of silent switches, such that there is no intervention/pop-up in the User Interface while installing the application in one computer. You will have to do this manually in the command prompt using the options specified during Package creation.
If problem persists, contact support with the following details:
- Log files from Endpoint Central MSP Server.
- Log files from the Agent pertaining to the computer where installation has failed.
- The Software Package that you were trying to install.
Applies to: Software Installation, Software Installation failure, Incorrect Function Error, Deployment Status
Keywords: Software Installation Failure, Deploy Software, Incorrect Function Error