JMX Applications Monitoring
Creating a new JMX Applications monitor
Prerequisites for monitoring JMX Application metrics: Refer to the Prerequisites Section for configuration details.
Using the REST API to add a new JMX Applications monitor: Click here
To create a MX4J RMI Connector monitor, follow the given steps:
- Click on New Monitor link. Choose JMX Applications.
- Enter the IP Address or hostname of the host in which the Monitor is running.
- Enter the SubNetMask of the network.
- Provide the port number in which RMI Adapter is running. Also, you can provide multiple ports separated by commas.
- You can enter your own credential details or select preconfigured credentials details in Credentials Manager. If you wish to enter your own credentials, specify username and password details for this monitor.
- Enter the JNDI name. For example, /jmxconnector.
- To enable customized JMX URL, check the Enable JMX URL checkbox and enter the JMX URL. ( The URL should be of the format service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://HOST:PORT/jmxrmi. For example, a jboss customized jmx URL can be - service:jmx:remoting-jmx://HOST:PORT and a websphere customized jmx URL - service:jmx:wsrmi://HOST:PORT/)
- If Authentication is enabled, enter the Username and password.
- Enter thepolling interval time in minutes.
- If you are adding a new monitor from an Admin Server, select a Managed Server.
- Choose the Monitor Group from the combo box to which you want to associate the Monitor (optional). You can choose multiple groups to associate your monitor.
- Click Add Monitor(s). This discovers the Monitor from the network and starts monitoring them.
In case you are unable to add the monitor even after enabling JMX, try providing the below argument:
Go to the Monitors Category View by clicking the Monitors tab. Click on the JMX Applications monitor instance available in the Services section. Displayed is the JMX Application monitor's bulk configuration view distributed into three tabs:
- Availability tab gives the availability history for the past 24 hours or 30 days.
- Performance tab gives the health status and events for the past 24 hours or 30 days.
- List view tab enables you to perform bulk admin configurations.
JMX Applications monitor allows you to connect to the MX4J-JMX agent and displays the availability and response time of RMI Connector. You can also view the custom attributes of the MX4J-JMX agent in the same page wherein JMX MBean attributes can be added. Further, alarms can be generated for JMX notifications through JMX Notification Listener.