An important aspect of all management tasks is that you can analyze the trend over time and evaluate the performance. The analysis is also useful in making calculated predictions and taking corrective actions as necessary. These calculated predictions allows you to plan for any future impact on performance for various services. To view these reports, you can follow either of the given steps:
- Click the Reports module tab. This opens the index page that lists all the reports generated dynamically by Applications Manager. ( Or )
- Click on the Monitor Group and select Application Report Link in the left frame. By default, it takes you to the Availability report of the Monitor Group. By default, the graph for the attribute reports will be depicted for top 10 monitors.
Browse through the following topics to know about the various reports that are generated in Applications Manager:
Functionalities of Reports
The reports generated by Applications Manager depicts the availability, health, response time and alarms of the application over a specified period of time. The reporting function enables you to analyze your servers / applications / databases/ web servers / web applications / services even across months and all this even without having to make any additional configuration changes. The reports are generated dynamically, which means that you only see reports for monitors that you have created in Applications Manager. Before proceeding, please ensure that you have enabled reports for all the monitors. The generated reports has 7 / 30 report details which enables you to understand the behaviour of your applications under various business hours or during a particular period of the week/month. This feature allows you to make predictive calculations on future impact.
Some of the common functionalities of reports are as follows:
- Options to view 10/20/50/All reports by choosing them from the Top N Reports field. They are enabled by default for all availability and health reports.
Note: This is not applicable to reports generated for Monitor Groups.
Options to schedule reports or enable reports can be done by clicking on Schedule Reports
under the Settings
Option to view Custom Time Period reports for Availability and Attributes, i.e, the time period for which the reports are needed can be selected. Additionally, you have the option to set the Business Hours during which you want the reports.
Option to view Custom Attribute Reports and Downtime Summary Report configuration. Click here for detailed information.
Option to save the reports in CSV format by clicking on icon , PDF format by clicking on icon and also save in Excel format
(available only for Monitor Group - Availability & Health Snapshot - Current Snapshot, Critical Snapshot, History report, Outage Comparison Report, Availability Trend Report) for each individual report under reports tab. And also, you can mail these particular report to yourself by clicking on
icon, fill out the email address and click Send
Option to delete known Down Time reports
. You can delete known downtime reports from the database by clicking the
icon in the Availability Report. For eg, go to Application Server
and select Weblogic
from the pull down menu in the top. Now click on Availability of Application Servers.
Now click on the monitor's Total Downtime.
Select the known downtime from the Monitor Downtime detail*.
This will delete this known downtime report from the database.
Downtime History: Displays today's downtime/uptime chart and also the downtime history for that particular monitor across all time periods. You can also assign Groups as well as Sub-Groups to downtime scheduler and generate reports. In Downtime history report, you can view the summary details of Scheduled Downtimes and Unmanaged time. This will give you more clarity in knowing the monitor's exact downtime. You can also add notes on why the monitor was down for that particular time period.
Summary Report of Monitor : Gives the summary of all the reports for that particular monitor.
Note: In the Summary report of the monitor, the Total value will be used instead of the Hourly Average to provide the Summary of the Counter attributes.
Comparison Reports: You can compare the attribute reports of various monitors within a particular monitor group. For example, to compare the response time between monitors, click on Response Time Reports attribute link from the list, select the monitors for which you need comparison. You can either select the time period for which the comparision is required or select the particular Business Hours for which the comparison is required. Currently, availability and health comparison reports are not supported.
At a Glance Reports: The performance of the Top 10 monitors within the monitor group can be compared in a single view. For example, in a server monitor group, you can compare the performance of the Top 10 servers within the same group. By clicking on the bars in the report, you can see all the attributes of the monitor within a single view. Furthermore, you can drill down and see the individual attribute reports.
Note: In the At a Glance report, performance metrics data will be calculated based on Total value instead of Hourly Average for the Counter attributes.
- Attribute Reports: Displays the performance of the attribute for the selected monitor types over a period of time, which can be obtained by selecting the necessary attribute for the required monitor type from the dropdown. This report displays the performance of the selected attribute for all the monitors in the form of bar graph along with the minimum, maximum, and average values for all monitors in a tabular format. Clicking on the bars in the report will display the history data report (7/30 report) of the attribute for the selected monitor wherein you can view the archived data of that attribute for specific time intervals. Furthermore, you can compare the performance of two or more monitors for that attribute by selecting the required monitors and clicking Compare.
- Advanced Reports: Allows you to create customized reports that cover multiple metric categories (availability, inventory, configuration and performance metrics) from monitors of various resources types. You can access these reports from the dropdown located next to the Reports tab. Learn more about Advanced Reports