Features & Enhancements
1. Servers & Applications
- Support for monitoring Virtual Infrastructure through vCenter server.
- Support for monitoring Oracle JRockit JVM in Java Runtime Monitor.
- Support for monitoring IBM JVM in Java Runtime Monitor.
- Support for monitoring the validity and expiry dates of SSL Certificates.
- Out-of-the-box support for monitoring the performance and availability of VMware vFabric RabbitMQ messaging systems.
- Enhanced End User Monitoring (EUM). i.e. the 'Real Browser Monitor (RBM)' has been rechristened as 'EUM' with enhancements that help it go beyond real browser monitoring. This now includes DNS Monitor, LDAP Server, Mail Server, Ping Monitor and RBM Monitor.
- Enhanced AS400 monitoring to support specific job, subsystem monitoring.
- Support for SNMP V3 to monitor servers and send and receive Traps.
- Enhanced File Monitoring to support content matching for remote windows files/ rolling logs.
- Support for Internet Explorer 9 in Real Browser Monitoring (i.e. EUM Monitoring).
- Rest API Enhancements to list polled data for monitor, search monitor, list Business Services.
- Support for monitoring SSLv3 enabled websites in URL monitoring.
- Ability to play sound for critical alarms.
- Enahanced Performance Metric Widget to show graphs for additional metrics with scaling option.
- Out-of-the-box support for monitoring the availability and performance of VMware vFabric tc servers and the Spring Applications deployed on the server.
- Support for Gmail in Mail Server Configuration.
- Ability to add new Event Logs other than the available default ones.
- Support for embedding different world map views.
2.1 Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
The CMDB provides a complete view of the business critical CIs, their relationships with other CIs, and the business impact caused due to malfunctioning of a CI.
- Support to define various Configuration Item Types (CI Types) and Relationship Types.
- Support for a parent-child hierarchy for CI Types.
- Definition for Each CI Type with attributes and relationships. The Child CI Type will inherit the attributes and relationships configured for the Parent CI Type.
- Configuration of Relationships between the CIs. The relationships can have relationship attributes.
- Visualization map providing a detailed view of the CI relationships, which helps in identifying the dependencies and impact of CIs, before performing any changes or in case of any problems.
- View the pending requests, problems and changes raised for Assets, Business Service or IT Service from the relationship map.
2.2 Service Catalog Enhancements
- Support for multi-level approval stages for service requests.
- Support for request approvers to be shown with approval information of other service request approvers.
- Option to display Approvals tab (in the Requests module) for Requesters.
- Display of ‘Agreed upon time’ (SLA) for a service request to the requesters before creating the Service Request.
- Ability to select a requester to edit and fill-in the required information for a service request.
2.3 Asset Depreciation
- Calculation of depreciation for assets and components.
- Provided four methods: declining balance, double declining balance, straight line and Sum of the Years digits - to calculate asset depreciation.
2.4 Other Enhancements
- Self-Service Portal UI changes:
- Option to combine and display the Incident Templates and Service Request Templates under Request Catalog in Self-Service Portal.
- Option to disable the default request template ('New Request' link) for requesters.
- Option to include a static html file in the Self-Service Portal.
- Support to move Technicians as Requesters.
- Execution of scripts from ServiceDesk Plus to ManageEngine Desktop Central.
- Ability to scan the VM Host machines and also to determine the VMs running on the host.
- Indication of Leave Types by color codes.
- Inclusion of Group and Technician in the Archived Requests exclusion criteria.
- Support to translate the display text from the application client.
- Ability to associate the change, due to which a request was created, from the Request details page.
- Availability of Next/Previous navigation buttons for Requests, Problems and Changes details page, provided the details page is accessed from the corresponding List View.
- Option to add attachments from the Actions menu in the requests details page.
- Inclusion of a new field to track the last updated time of the request. This field will be set when a request is updated, or when a note is added to the request, or when a reply sent by the technician.
- Support to search requests based on service request common additional fields.
- Apart from selecting technicians for contract expiry notification, you can also configure E-mail IDs to be notified before the contract expires.
- Option to send multiple expiry notifications for a contract.
- Option to add attachments for Purchase Orders without editing it.
- During asset scan, whenever the MS SQL server software is scanned from the machine, the edition of the MSSQL software is also fetched.
- Support for sending notification to user(s) upon installation of prohibited software.
- Support to identify workstations with duplicate 'Service Tag' and 'MAC Address' from 'Admin tab --> General Settings'.
- Support to enable or disable the Scan option (permission to scan workstations from the workstation details page) while creating/editing a role.
- Public key authentication support for scanning Linux machines.
- Support for scanning Linux machines using shell script. The script can be used for scanning Linux machines which are not in the network, or to push inventory data from the remote machines to the server.
- Manual editing of Date fields in all the Asset forms, without choosing the calendar.
- Option provided for additional comments while changing the state of assets or assigning it to a user/department.
- Scan script for Mac machines.
- Users configured in a workstation will be fetched and listed in 'System' tab of workstation details page.
- Support to access Self-Service Portal (for requesters) from Mobile Client.
- Support to access application from iPad browser client.
- Right to left support rendered in the browser for languages such as Arabic, Hebrew and so on.
- RAM frequency in Windows OS is fetched during workstation scan.
- Supported web browsers: Firefox 4, Internet Explorer 9 and Chrome.
- Support additional 5 new display languages namely, Bosnian, Croatian, Czech, Hungarian, Slovene and Icelandic.
- License structure simplified. For more details, refer the below link:
- No more packaging of default users, such as nwadmin, sysadmin etc.
- Enhanced the Central-Probe communication framework, to avoid opening up of incoming ports at the Probe end
- Navigation in the request details page has been modified. In 9060, the work order that is displayed in the request list view alone will be available for navigation. For example: If you are viewing request IDs 26 to 50, then those 25 IDs alone will be available while navigating from the request details page.
- The term New Incident is changed as New Issue in the Self-Service Portal.
- Earlier, the Custom Settings button in the Reports module would be shown to technicians with edit report permission. But in 9060, the Custom Setting button will be visible only to those technicians with Administrator privilege.