Integrating with ServiceDesk Plus On-Premise
If you have ServiceDesk Plus On-Premise installed in your network, you can automatically log trouble tickets from OpManager for specific network faults. So, besides the provision to email, sms, or notify fault in other forms, you can also track the faults by logging trouble tickets to ServiceDesk Plus. This helps in issue tracking.
How to integrate ServiceDesk Plus?
For logging the trouble ticket to ServiceDesk Plus correctly, you need to ensure the following:
- ServiceDesk Plus Settings must be configured in OpManager
- A notification profile to log a trouble ticket to ServiceDesk Plus must be configured and associated.
OpManager communicates with ServiceDesk Plus via its API. Click here to know how to generate the API key for integrating ServiceDesk Plus with OpManager.
Configure Server's Settings
Following are the steps to configure the ServiceDesk Plus and OpManager Server settings:
- OpManager must know where ServiceDesk Plus is running to log the ticket. To configure the ServiceDesk Plus settings details, follow the steps given below
- Click Settings → General Settings → Third Party Integrations → ServiceDesk Plus and configure the following values:
- Product type: Select the product type (ServiceDesk Plus or ServiceDesk Plus-MSP) with which you are trying to integrate OpManager.
- Server IP / DNS Name: Name or the IP address of the machine where ServiceDesk Plus is installed and running.
- ServiceDesk Plus Technician Key:Enter the API key generated using API Key Generation in ServiceDesk Plus. Click here to learn how to get the Technician key.
- Ticket Reopen Settings : If an alert re-occurs, this setting will allow you re-open an old ticket or create a new one.
- Sync newly discovered devices in future: This option will automatically sync your asset details with ServiceDesk Plus whenever a new device is discovered in OpManager. Refer below to know the list of fields that will be sent to ServiceDesk Plus whenever an asset sync is initiated from OpManager.
- The Sync now option will let you sync the devices in OpManager with ServiceDesk Plus
- Now, click Save.
- It is highly recommended that you use the latest/ updated versions of both OpManager and ServiceDesk Plus. Because the latest versions communicate via API-based integration unlike older versions.
- If an alarm is raised as a ticket in ServiceDesk Plus and the ticket is not closed, any change in severity of the alarm will be updated in the same ticket as notes. Any custom statuses will be equivalent to "Open" only.
Also, if an alert from OpManager is being raised on a closed ticket in SDP, you can configure if you wish to reopen the same ticket or create a new ticket for that alert. This option is available under the "If alert re-occurs" field in the SDP integration configuration page in OpManager.
- Whenever a ticket is being raised in ServiceDesk Plus, it will be raised with requester name as administrator.
Asset sync information
Assets / Managed Objects present in OpManager inventory are constantly synced with SDP. These are the categories under which the assets are synced between OpManager and ServiceDesk Plus.
- Unknown (Category added in version 125159)
Below are the fields that are synced into each category for ServiceDesk Plus:
Firewall, UPS, Printer: IP Address, DNS Name, Type, System Description, No. of. Interfaces, Upink Dependency, Monitoring Protocol, Manufacturer, Service Tag, Serial Number.
Server, Desktop (Workstation): IP Address, DNS Name, Type, System Description, RAM size, Hard disk size, No. of. Interfaces, Upink Dependency, Monitoring Protocol, Manufacturer, Service Tag, Serial Number.
Router, Switch: IP Address, DNS Name, Type, System Description, No. of. Interfaces, Upink Dependency, Monitoring Protocol, Manufacturer, Service Tag, Serial Number, No. of. VLAN's
Unknown: IP Address, DNS Name, Type, System Description, No. of. Interfaces, Upink Dependency, Monitoring Protocol, Service Tag, Serial Number, No. of. VLAN's, System Location, Contact Person, End of support date, Login details.
All the field category additions will be done when the integration in configured in OpManager. After that, the assets will be added to SDP with the above mentioned fields and their values. If those values are edited in OpManager, the changed values will automatically be synced with SDP for that asset. And if any item is deleted in OpManager, the same will be deleted in SDP too.