Configuring Interface Templates
During initial discovery, OpManager categorizes the device interfaces into corresponding interface types with the help of predefined templates that are bundled with the product. OpManager comes with 292 interface templates which carry the initial configurations to classify these interfaces and associate monitors to them. Any changes made in the interface template will directly reflect on all the corresponding interfaces of the same type across all the devices in one go.
OpManager also allows the users to define multiple severity thresholds for interface templates, thereby generating alerts when the threshold values are violated.
Modifying Interface Templates
- Go to Settings > Configuration > Interface Templates
- Under Interface Types, search for the template you wish to edit and click on it. Don't forget to use the All/Common toggle at the top right to list all type of interfaces.
- Configure/Modify the following properties:
- Manage/UnManage: Specify whether the interfaces belonging to the template must be managed or unmanaged.
- Monitoring interval: Select the interval at which this interface type must be polled to fetch monitoring data & availablity status.
- Configure Thresholds: The threshold values for Utilization, Error Rate and Discard Rate can be specified under the corresponding tabs. OpManager also allows you to configure multiple severity thresholds for the same. Enter the threshold values for Attention, trouble, discard and rearm. If the threshold values are violated, corresponding alarms will be raised. You can also configure thresholds for Interface groups.
Note: To stop monitoring the Utilization / Error Rate / Discard Rate, uncheck the checkbox in the corresponding tabs.
- Status poll : Poll the interface for its availability using SNMP (ifAdminStatus & ifOperStatus).
NOTE: Selecting Apply template to all interfaces, Select interfaces to apply template or Select Groups to apply template option will completely override the existing interface configurations.
You can define or modify the severity levels of the respective admin and operational status from Settings -> Configuration -> Interface Templates -> Settings. You can select from the three available violation severities - Trouble, Attention, Critical.