With all the advanced technology and photoshop tools we have, you can easily create magazine covers, design page layouts, comics, add visual effects to videos, create animations, edit and cut video tracks, etc. Adobe applications provide all of them. So to reap the benefits, we recommend you to keep your Adobe applications updated. This document will provide you with the various methods of installing Adobe Updates and the steps involved in it.
How to install Adobe Updates?
There are three methods to install Adobe Updates in your systems.
- Install Adobe Updates from the vendor's site
- Manual installation of Adobe Updates
- Automatic installation of Adobe Updates from the product
Install Adobe Updates from the vendor's site
You can install Adobe Updates from the vendor's site by following the steps given below:
- Say you are using Adobe Reader. Now, you should go to the Adobe Reader's website.
- Navigate to the Downloads page.
- If a new version of that application is available, you will find the Install Now button once you open the Downloads page.
- You can install Adobe Updates by clicking on Install Now.
- The installation file will be downloaded.
- Click the downloaded file and follow the instructions to install updates for Adobe Reader.
Manual installation of Adobe Updates
You can install Adobe Updates manually from the product. Follow the steps given below to install Adobe Updates manually:
- Say you are using Adobe Reader. Open Adobe Reader.
- Click on Help -> About Adobe Reader.
- You will be able to find the version of the product you are using.
- If that is not the latest version, you can download them from the sites given here: Windows, Mac
- If you are using Adobe Acrobat, you can download its latest version from the following sites: Windows, Mac
- Click on the downloaded file to start the installation.
Automatic installation of Adobe Updates from the product
Instead of going to the vendor's site and installing updates or updating them manually, you can automatically install Adobe Updates from the product.
- Go to the product that you want to update. If you are using Adobe Reader, open Adobe Reader.
- Click on Help -> Check for Updates.
- Once you click on Check for Updates the installer window opens.
- You can download and install the latest updates of Adobe Reader by following the steps mentioned in the installer window.
Automatic Installation of Adobe Updates using Patch Manager Plus
With a software patching tool like Patch Manager Plus, installing updates regularly is no longer a headache. This tool uses the 'Set it and forget it mechanism'. Therefore, you can continue working on your enterprise's growth and focus on business activities which requires your attention. Patch Manager Plus offers seamless patching, thus making the entire patch management process simple and effective. This software patching tool provides silent installation where the latest updates which are missing in your network are installed in the background.
The feature offered by Patch Manager Plus to automate the entire patch management process is Automated Patch Deployment (APD).
- It first starts with an automatic scan to detect the missing patches in your network.
- All the missing patches in your network are downloaded from the vendors' site.
- Before rolling them out into the production environment which might have critical servers, the downloaded patches are tested in a non-production environment to check the stability of these patches. These patches are tested in test machines by using the Test and Approve feature.
- The tested patches after approval are deployed to the target machines.
- Post deployment you can check for detailed patch reports to know the health status of your environment.
You can refer to Automated Patch Deployment document to know about the detailed steps involved in creating an APD task.