Create AD users in bulk using template
Objective: Create users in bulk using template
Solution: ADManager Plus allows you to create users in bulk with attributes which can be customized based on your preferences using templates. There are two ways to create users in bulk, CSV import and Add Users in Create Bulk Users in User Management.
Steps to create bulk users:
- Click AD Mgmt.tab.
- Go to User Management Under User Creation section Create Bulk Users (or) User Management CSV Import Create Users.
- In Create Bulk Users window, Select the domain and the template for the bulk user creation.
- To change from the default system template, select any of the templates in the drop down.
- To Add user details, there are two means.
Select the container object where the user accounts have to be created. Select the OU from the list displayed or click 'Create New OU' to create a new container. Click 'Create Users' to create the defined users with customized attributes in the selected container.
Alternate means of creating bulk users is, in Create Bulk Users window, Select the domain and the template for the bulk user creation select 'Add Users', enter the field values, click 'OK'. Select the OU in which you want to create the users. Click 'Create Users'.
- Click 'Import 'Choose File', choose a CSV file containing the user details from the location and select 'OK'. Click 'Next'.
- Click 'Add Users' and in the attributes' fields, enter the user details and click 'OK'. To add more users, select 'Add Users' again and enter user details. Once the desired users has been added, click 'Next'.
Note : To create a new template, we can adopt 2 ways. The first option is by selecting 'Create New Template' button available at the top right corner in the any of the User Creation window (single/bulk).
The alternative method to create a template is User Management Under User Templates section User Creation Templates. The steps for New Template Creation is explained below.
Steps to create New Template
- In the User Creation Template window, enter the 'Template Name' and the 'Description'. Select the domain in which the template has to be created.
- Click 'Enable Drag-n-Drop' to choose the tabs which are to be modified/hidden/removed. New tabs can be created by selecting the + icon on the top right.
- The fields can be modified individually by selecting the 'Edit'/'Make Silently Active'/'Delete'. Click 'Save template' .
Note : If you want creation rules to be set, click 'Creation Rules'. In Creation Rules window, select 'Add Rules' which allows you to assign values to fields without any conditions or after validating the specified conditions. For detailed information on Creation Rules, click here.
Need further assistance? Fill this form, and we'll contact you rightaway.
Select a language to translate the contents of this web page: