How to find the Distinguished Name of your users
Objective: To find out the distinguished names of the user accounts in your organization's Active Directory.
Solution: ADManager Plus' prebuilt reports fetch all the details of the user accounts including the Distinguished Name. Since these reports can be customized, you can choose to view only those attributes (distinguished name, display name, department, etc.) that you need to view.
- Click on AD Reports tab.
- In User Reports click on the desired report. For this scenario, let us select the All Users report.
- In the All Users report page, select the required Domain and the appropriate OUs.
- Click on Generate to fetch all the user accounts from the specified domain and OUs.
- Once the report is generated, click on the Add / Remove Columns option located at the top of the report.
- In the Customize Attributes window, select Distinguished Name from the list of available attributes.
- Click on '>>' to move Distinguished Name to the Selected Attributes. Use the UP and Down options to select the order in which the selected attributes have to be displayed.
- Click on Save.
- You will now be able to view the Distinguished Name of all the user accounts in the report.
Select a language to translate the contents of this web page: