How to generate and export locked out users report
The following is a comparison between obtaining a locked out users report with Windows PowerShell and ADManager Plus.
Steps to obtain locked-out users report using PowerShell:
- Identify the domain from which you want to retrieve the report.
- Identify the LDAP attributes you need to fetch the report.
- Identify the primary DC to retrieve the report.
- Compile the script.
- Execute it in Windows PowerShell.
- The report will be exported in the given format.
- To obtain the report in a different format, modify the script accordingly to the needs of the user.
Sample Windows PowerShell script:
Click to copy entire script
Search-ADAccount –LockedOut |
Select-Object -Property Name,DistinguishedName |
-NoTypeInformation -Encoding UTF8
To obtain the report,
- Select Locked-out Users from the User Reports.
- Select Domain and OU. Click Generate.
- Select Export as to export the report in any of the preferred formats (CSV, PDF, HTML, CSVDE and XLSX).
» Start 30-day Free Trial
Following are the limitations to obtain report of locked out user accounts using native tools like Windows PowerShell:
- We can run this script only from the computers which has Active Directory Domain Services role.
- Difficult to export in other formats.
- Applying filters like OU or name will increase the complexity.
ADManager Plus has an in-built feature to fetch the Locked-out Users in User Reports section.