Installing and Uninstalling EUM Agent
EUM Agents for Firefox based RBM monitors have to be installed on a dedicated Windows / Mac machine - 8 GB RAM, 40 GB HD. EUM Agents for Internet Explorer based RBM (deprecated) have to be installed on a dedicated Windows machine - 4 GB RAM, 40 GB HD with Internet Explorer 6, 7 or 8 (32 bit). However, Applications Manager can be installed on Windows or Linux. This works with the Professional Edition and Enterprise Edition (with Managed Server).
Installing EUM Agent
To start end user monitoring from multiple locations, you have to install the EUM agents in the respective locations. The agents can be installed in both Windows and Linux systems. Please note that the EUM agents will work only if the central Applications Manager server is running.
Follow the steps given below to install the EUM agent in Windows systems.
- Download and execute the EUM_Agent.exe file. The installshield wizard will open up.
- Read the license agreement and click the Yes button.
- Specify the details of your Applications Manager installation such as host, port, username and password. Click Next to proceed.
- Provide the location where the EUM agent should be installed in your machine. Click Browse to provide a different location of installation. Click Next.
- Specify the name of the folder to be placed in Program Folder. The default is ManageEngine End User Monitoring Agent. Click Next.
- If you want to install EUM as a service, select the 'Install End User Monitoring Agent as Service' option and click Next. Please note that you need to have administrative privileges to install the EUM agent as a service.
- The current settings will be displayed in the next screen. If you need to make any changes, click Back, or else click Next to continue with the installation. Once you click Next, the setup will start copying the jar files necessary for the EUM agent.
- You have an option to fill up a registration form for technical support.
- In the final step of the installation wizard, there are options available to View the Readme file and to Launch the End User Monitoring Agent Now. Select these options if required. Click Finish to complete the installation process.
Follow the steps given below to install the EUM agent in Linux systems.
- Download the EUM_Agent.bin file for Linux.
- Execute the downloaded file. The Installation Wizard is displayed. Click Next to continue. Read the license agreement and click the Next button.
- Provide the location where the EUM agent should be installed in your machine. Click Next.
- Current Settings will be displayed in the next screen. If you need to make changes, click Back, else click Next to continue the installation.
- Click Finish to complete the installation process.
- You have an option to fill up a registration form for Technical support.
- Finally, select if you want to view the ReadMe file or click Finish to launch the EUM agent immediately.
- You can also install the EUM agent via command line. Just type in the following command in the command prompt:
Execution of this command will take you through the installation process.
- Real Browser Monitor (RBM) via Firefox browser is supported. RBM is not supported on Internet Explorer.
- We recommend that you do not have more than one installation of the EUM agent in a machine as this causes malfunctioning in agent data collection in certain cases.
- Users need Administrative privileges to install the agent in both the Windows and Linux OS.
Uninstalling EUM Agent
- If the EUM agent is running, you should stop the agent before uninstalling it. You can stop the agent using any of these options:
- Use the Start menu->All Programs->ManageEngine EndUser Monitoring Agent->Stop Server option.
- From the command prompt, execute the StopServer.bat file present under the <ManageEngine/EUMAgent> folder.
- Use the Start menu->All Programs->ManageEngine EndUser Monitoring Agent->Uninstall option. The installshield wizard will be displayed. Follow the instructions shown on screen to uninstall the agent.
- Remove the agent completely using the Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs option.
- From the command line, go to the EUMAgent Home directory and execute the below commands:
- Exit out of the command prompt and close all the files and folders opened in the EUMAgent Home directory.
- Execute the command ./uninstaller.bin from the <EUMAgent/_uninst> directory and follow the process. If there is no GUI or if you are uninstalling from a remote server, execute the command ./uninstaller.bin -console from the <EUMAgent/_uninst> directory and follow the process.
End User Monitoring Agent Settings
When you start the End User Monitoring agent, the EUM web client will be automatically launched. The web client can be accessed at http://localhost:9999 url where localhost is the system where the EUM agent is installed and PORT is the port number where the EUM agent is running.
You can modify the EUM agent settings from the EUM agent web client by clicking the Edit button and updating the settings. These changes will take effect only when you restart the agent.
The Server settings specified here are used to establish a successful connection with the Applications Manager instance:
- Server Host: Hostname of your Applications Manager instance.
- Server Port: You can provide the HTTP or HTTPS port based on the protocol selected. The port configurations can be viewed in [AppManager_Home]confAMServer.Properties
- Username: Username of the Applications Manager user
- Password: The corresponding password
- Protocol: Protocol used for connecting with Applications Manager
- Polling Interval: Polling Interval in minutes.
- OpManagerPlugin: Applications Manager Plugin users must enable this option.
You have to restart the EUM agent for the any changes in Server settings to take effect.
The Proxy settings specified here are used to establish a successful connection with the Applications Manager instance:
- Auto-detect proxy settings for this network - EUM Agent automatically detects the proxy settings to be used.
- No proxy - EUM Agent connects without a proxy.
- Use system proxy settings – EUM Agent uses the proxy settings defined in your system settings.
- Automatic proxy configuration URL – EUM agent uses the proxy settings defined in the PAC file.
- Manual proxy configuration:
- Proxy Host & Proxy Port: Enter the value of the proxy host & port on which the proxy connection will run.
- Username & Password: Enter the username & password for authorization.
- No Proxy: Give the domain names for which the manual proxy configurations should not be applied. The following rules are applicable:
- Use semicolons(;) to separate entries
- The host may be any of the following types:
- A complete host name (e.g. www.test.com)
- A domain name. Domain names must begin with a dot (e.g. ".test.com")
- An IP-address (e.g. "126.96.36.199")
- An IP-subnet, specified as an IP-address and a netmask separated by a "/" (e.g. "188.8.131.52/255.255.255.192"). A 0 bit in the netmask means that bit won't be used in the comparison (i.e. the addresses are AND'ed with the netmask before comparison).
You have to restart the EUM agent for the any changes in Proxy settings to take effect. If you have chosen any one of the following options: No proxy, Use system proxy settings OR Automatic proxy configuration URL, the EUM agent will automatically detect proxy settings to be used when connecting to Applications Manager.
Mail Server Settings
Mail Server Settings for sending notifications via e-mail:
- Enable Mail:Check this option to enable mail notification.
- SMTP Server: The host name for the configured SMTP server.
- SMTP Port: The port for the corresponding SMTP server.
- From Address: The address from which the notification mails will be generated.
- To Address: The address to which the notification mails will be sent.
- SMTP Server Requires Authentication: Select this option if the SMTP server requires authentication and provide the corresponding username and password for it.