ManageEngine OpStor SAN Monitoring Connector
ManageEngine Applications Manager integrates with the comprehensive Storage Monitoring Tool, ManageEngine OpStor. OpStor is a heterogeneous storage infrastructure monitoring solution that helps enterprises to monitor their storage resources.Using OpStor SAN Monitoring Connector, an Applications Manager User can view the status of his Storage Devices in addition to Servers, Application Servers, Databases monitored by Applications Manager.
- Single console to monitor Storage devices, Server & Applications.
- Single console to view all Alarms.
To Configure OpStor
- Login into OpStor.
- Proceed to Admin tab and click on User Manager. Under User Manager, you will find Add User option.
- Click on Add User with user permission as Read Only Access.
To Configure Applications Manager
Once OpStor is configured correctly, you need to configure Applications Manager to obtain the data from OpStor
- Login into Applications Manager.
- Click on the Admin tab in Applications Manager.
- Click to Add-on/Product Settings.
- Click on OpStor- Add link. Enter the Server name and Port number of the machine where OpStor is running. Enter the Username and Password of the Read Only user created in OpStor
- Click Save button to save the settings.
Associate storage device Monitors into exisiting Monitor Groups
- In order to associate OpStor monitor against a Monitor Group in Applications Manager, click on the Home tab.
- Under Monitor Group Information, click Associate Monitor of Monitor Group Links in the left frame.
- A list of discovered Monitors (for both Applications Manager and OpStor) that are available for associating and those that have already been associated with that Monitor Group is displayed. You will also see a list of storage devices under Storage Devices being displayed.
- Select the check box of the corresponding Monitor from Monitors not present in this Monitor Group list and click Associate. You can also remove a Monitor which has already been associated with the Monitor Group by selecting the check box of Monitor(s) under Monitors present in this Monitor Group and clicking Remove.
- Click on Monitors tab to view the list of storage devices that are now configured. Clicking on Storage Devices in category view would provide the availability and performance of all the Monitors associated under it. For example, if you have configured a server to be monitored, the performance metrics that are shown in Applications Manager are: availability, response time, CPU, Memory and Disk utilization and so on.
Associate Storage Device Monitors into new Monitor Groups
- Click on the New Monitor Group.
- Provide a Monitor Group name, description of that monitor group and assign the owner for the monitor group.
- Once the Monitor Group is created, click on Associate Monitors provided in the Summary tab of that Monitor Group.
- A list of discovered Monitors (both Applications Manager and OpStor) that are available for associating is displayed. You will also see a list of storage devices under Storage Devices being displayed.
- Select the check box of the corresponding Monitor from the list and click Associate.
- Click on Back to Monitor Group to view the list of Monitors that you have associated for that group.
Modifying the Poll Interval
You can configure the poll interval and set the time when Applications Manager must check for updates from the External Connectors. Go to Poll Interval tab under Add-on Settings. The poll interval settings that you can modify are:
- Update Alarms from External Connectors - This option indicates the alarm update interval, in which the alarms from external connectors are updated in Appmanager. This can be configured as per the user requirements. The default time interval is 5 minutes.
- Update All Devices and Alarms from External Connectors - This option indicates the full update interval in which all the devices and alarms from external connectors are updated in AppManager. This can be configured as per the user requirements. The default full update interval is 30 minutes.
Associating Alarms and Actions for Storage devices
With the OpStor SAN Monitoring Connector, you can view alarms from your OpStor storage devices in Applications Manager and associate actions to OpStor attributes.
Once you have imported all your devices from OpStor, go to the Alarms Tab to view all the alarms configured in Applications Manager along with their severity, type, date and the technician to whom the alarm is assigned. You can filter and sort through the alarms by clicking on the parameter type at the top of the table.
You can view all alarms or filter the Critical , Warning and Clear alarms. You can also filter alarms by:
- Alarm Actions
- Selected Time
- Selected Monitor Group
- Selected Monitor Type
You can search through alarms by clicking the search button at the top of the alarms table. Click here to know more about the Alarms Tab.
You can trigger corrective actions to OpStor attributes, once you have imported your storage devices, such as sending e-mail, SMS, trap, and executing a command, to notify you of the alarms generated while monitoring the storage devices. To trigger such corrective actions, you should have defined the action, which can then be associated with an attribute. Click here to learn how to define actions.
Note: You cannot create or associate thresholds for Opstor attributes.