Applications Manager generates many reports that help you to analyze the performance over a period of time. Using this option, you can schedule the time at which the reports need to be generated.
Creating a new schedule of reports
- Click on the Admin tab.
- Under Tools, click on Schedule Reports. If reports have been already scheduled, the schedule details would be listed. Else, it would prompt you to create new schedule.
- Give a name for the schedule
- Enter the description of the schedule
- By default, the schedule for the report is enabled.
- Choose the Report Type like Availability report, Downtime history report.
- Select the Report period.
- Choose whether you want report for monitor types, monitor groups or for individual monitors. Accordingly, the resources will be listed down. Select the resource for which the report is expected.
- Set the time for the reports to be delivered.
For eg., If you want the health report of database servers to be delivered for every 2 hours, choose the 'Hourly' option and set the number of hours as '2' from the dropdown. By doing this, the report will be delivered for every 2 hours starting from 00.00 hours (i.e.) report will be delivered at 02.00, 04.00, 06.00 hours and so on.
If you want the report to be delivered everyday at 10.00 a.m, choose 'Daily' option and set the time as '10.00'. You can also configure multiple time schedules (upto 10) if required.
If you want the report to be delivered every monday at 10.00 a.m, choose 'Weekly' option, set time as '10.00' and choose 'Monday' option.
If you want the report to be delivered every month on 15th day at 10.00 a.m, choose 'Monthly' option, set time as '10.00', choose '15' from the day list and select all for the report to be delivered every month. (You can select individual months also)
- Select whether you want to receive the report as PDF files, CSV format or as URL links.
- If email actions are already configured, select the email to which the reports need to be sent else you can configure new email action.
- Click Save to create the reports schedule.
To know about the report types under Schedule Reports, click here.
Reportadmin user is used to generate Email, PDF and Schedule Reports feature. The password is generated dynamically for each and every user, hence no one can access the webclient using this username and password as it is secured.