Managing LEA Servers
The CheckPoint Firewall Settings link lets you manage
the LEA servers (CheckPoint Management Servers) that have been configured to connect to Check Point firewalls
and access the log files.
The list of LEA servers (CheckPoint Management Servers) configured, along with the respective LEA listener
port and authentication details, is displayed. The details of the CheckPoint Firewalls are listed in a table. The description of the table columns are as given below:
||The name of the CheckPoint Firewall being monitored.
| SysLog Server
||The name of the SysLog server from which the log will be extracted.
| Lea Port
||The port on which Firewall Analyzer has to connect
to the Check Point firewall for LEA (Log Extraction API) access.
||Indicates whether the connection between Firewall Analyzer and CheckPoint Firewall is authenticated.
||To remove the CheckPoint Firewall in Firewall Analyzer from being monitored.
Carry out the following procedure to add a CheckPoint Firewall in the Firewall Analyzer:
- Enter the host name of the LEA server (CheckPoint Management Servers)
- Enter the port on which it has to connect
to the Check Point firewall.
- Use the Enable Debugging Mode checkbox to enable the CheckPoint firewall in debugging mode. For debugging the procedure is given below.
- If you are using an unauthenticated
connection, select the Use Un-Authenticated Login radio button. Follow the detailed instructions to
configure Check Point firewall in Un-Authenticated mode.
- If you are using an authenticated
connection, select the Use Authenticated Login radio button. Follow the detailed instructions to
configure Check Point firewall in Authenticated mode.
- Click Save to add the LEA server.
If you are unable to view the CheckPoint Firewall reports carry out the following procedure:
- Click the Edit/Delete icon of the firewall for which you are unable to view reports. Click Save.
- Click the Enable Debugging Mode checkbox to enable the CheckPoint firewall in debugging mode.
- Once saved, create a support information file through Support tab, and send to email@example.com