How to add a new device in Network Configuration Manager?
Adding a device in NCM is a two-step process:
- Adding a device
- Applying the credential
Steps to add a device
- Navigate to Inventory > Device
- Select the device and click on icon
- Click on "Add to NCM"
- Select vendor name
- Select Device Template Name
- Select the device series and model if required
- Ping the device and click on "Add".
Steps to provide credential to a device
- Choose the protocol
- Provide device credentials such as login name, password, prompt, enable Username, enable password and enable prompt
- Click on backup device to take back up of device credentials (not mandatory)
- Click on Save and test