How to start/stop/restart NetFlow Generator service?
Since NetFlow Generator is a service that runs in the background, its running state can be checked in the Task Manager under the services tab.
You can right click on the NetFlowGenerator service to start/stop/restart the NetFlow Generator service.
bash ./nfg_service status - to check the current status of NetFlow Generator
bash ./nfg_service stop - to stop the NetFlow Generator service
bash ./nfg_service start - to start the NetFlow Generator service
bash ./nfg_service restart - to restart the NetFlow Generator service
How to find the NetFlow Generator Installation Key?
- Navigate to Settings > NetFlow > NetFlow Generator.
- On the top right corner you'll be able to see the NetFlow Generator Installation Key.
- You can view the key by clicking the view icon and copy it by clicking the copy icon.
- You can also regenerate a new key by clicking the reload icon.
How to re-configure NetFlow Generator installations if NetFlow Analyzer is re-installed in a new server?
You need to edit the following in Conf.properties file under "NetFlowGenerator/conf/NFG" folder:
- Copy and paste new INSTALLATION_KEY from the NetFlow Analyzer’s Settings > NetFlow > NetFlow Generator Details page.
- Change SERVER_IP property with new NetFlow Analyzer server IP.
- If there is a change in web port and protocol of new NetFlow Analyzer installation, then need to change WEB_PORT property and IS_HTTPS property respectively.
- Delete UNIQUE_ID and NFG_ID completely (entire lines) from the Conf file and restart NetFlow Generator service.
- The same NetFlow Generator will get discovered in the new NetFlow Analyzer installation.