Migrating NetFlow Analyzer from MySQL to MSSQL Database
Only the configuration of NetFlow Analyzer can be migrated from MYSQL to MSSQL. Data Migration of the same is not possible.
Migration to MSSQL database can take place only if the product is installed on Microsoft Windows operating system
NetFlow Analyzer does not support the following:
- Automatic deletion of oldest raw data, when free disk space goes below the user defined value
- email alert generation, when the free disk space goes below the user defined value
Note: Please login to the NetFlow Analyzer server as Local Administrator and make sure that the database user, which you have specified on the product has Sys Admin permission
The steps to migrate and run the NetFlow Analyzer server with SQLSERVER as the database is given below:
- Stop the NetFlow Analyzer Server/Service.
- Invoke the <NetFlow Analyzer Home>\troubleshooting\Mysql_Mssql_BackUpConfig.bat, to backup the data available in MySQL database and wait till the data backup is getting completed. By default backup file will be stored under <NetFlow Analyzer Home>\backup directory with the file name like 'BackupConfig_NFA_<Build_Number>_MM_DD_YYYY_hh_mm.data'.
- From the installed MS SQLSERVER, copy the files bcp.exe and bcp.rll to <NetFlow Analyzer Home>\bin folder.
- Invoke the <NetFlow Analyzer Home>\bin\changeDBServer.bat, to configure the MS SQLSERVER credentials like ServerName, Port, UserName and Password.
- Database Setup Wizard pops-up.
- In the wizard screen, select Server Type as SQL Server. Available SQL Server Instances are listed in a combo box. Enter the Host Name and Port of the SQL Server from the instances. ( NetFlow Analyzer will work only with default instance)
- Select the authentication type using the "Connect Using:" options.
- The options are:
- Windows Authentication
For Windows Authentication, enter the Domain Name, User Name and Password. Ensure that both NetFlow Analyzer server and SQL Server are in the same domain and logged in with the same Domain Administrator account.
- SQL Server Authentication
For SQL Server Authentication, enter the User Name and Password.
- Click Test button to check whether the credentials are correct. If the test fails, the credentials may be wrong, recheck and enter the correct credentials.
- Click Save button to save the SQL Server configuration. Note that, it will take few minutes to configure the settings of the SQL Server database.
- Invoke the <NetFlow Analyzer Home>\bin\run.bat to start the NetFlow Analyzer server in the command prompt.
- After the server is started completely, stop the server by terminating the run.bat in the command prompt or invoke the <NetFlow Analyzer Home>\bin\shutdown.bat
- Invoke the <NetFlow Analyzer Home>\troubleshooting\Mysql_Mssql_RestoreConfig.bat.
- Start the NetFlow Analyzer server/service.
Copyright © 2012, ZOHO Corp
. All Rights Reserved.