Setting up two-factor authentication
Password Manager Pro stores sensitive administrative passwords of enterprise resources in encrypted form in the database. Access to the data was earlier restricted by a single level of authentication—local authentication of PMP or the authentication of third party identity stores like Active Directory or LDAP.
To introduce an extra level of security, PMP provides two-factor authentication that prompts users to authenticate through two successive stages to access the Password Manager Pro web interface.
Enabling Two-factor Authentication
Enabling two-factor authentication in Password Manager Pro consists of two steps:
- Setting up two-factor authentication
- Specifying the users for whom two-factor authentication is to be enforced
Note: Two-factor authentication will take effect only if both the above steps are performed. Also, two-factor authentication will be applicable only for those users for whom it is enforced by their administrators. All the other users will be allowed to login to Password Manager Pro through the usual way.
Password Manager Pro supports two-factor authentication through the following:
- PhoneFactor Authentication
- RSA SecurID Authentication
- Google Authenticator
- Microsoft Authenticator
- Okta Verify Authenticator
- RADIUS server or Any RADIUS-compliant Authentication
- Duo Security Authentication
- YubiKey Authentication
- Unique Password sent through email
Click the respective links to know more and proceed setting up the required two-factor authentication technology.