Configuring policies for self-service features
As an admin, ADSelfService Plus enables you to empower users with these password self-service features:
- Password reset
- Account unlock
- Directory update
- Password change
- ADSelfService Plus allows you to define any number of self-service policies in a given domain.
- If multiple policies apply to a single OU, the policy with the highest priority will take effect.
Configuring ADSelfService Plus features based on OUs and groups
You can configure multiple self-service policies based on users’ domains, OUs, and group memberships, and decide which set of users has access to specific ADSelfService Plus features.
How to configure self-service policies:
- Navigate to the Configuration tab.
- Click the Add New Policy button.
Note: By default, when ADSelfService Plus discovers domains, it sets up one policy for every domain that it discovers. If that default policy fits your requirements, you can retain it; otherwise, you can edit it.
- Enter a Policy Name.
- From the list of self-service features provided, select the features for your user base. You need to select at least one self-service feature.
- Click Select OU(s)/Groups.
- Select the domain on which the policy is to be applied. Here, you have a choice; you can either apply the policy to all the users in the selected domain or only to specific users based on their OU or group memberships.
- Click OK.
- Click Save Policy.
How to manage self-service policies
The following actions can be performed on policies:
- Update: A policy can be edited to reconfigure its features, OUs, and groups by clicking the edit icon ( ).
- Deletion: A policy can be deleted completely by clicking the delete icon ( ). However, the policy cannot be deleted if there is only one policy for a configured domain or if any users falling under this policy have enrolled in any multi-factor authenticators.
- Copy a policy: An existing policy's settings can be copied to configure a new policy (with modifications wherever necessary) by clicking the copy icon ( ). This new policy can be applied across other domains, OUs, etc.
- Prioritization: Policies can be reordered to determine which one takes precedence when a user falls under more than one policy. Reordering can be done by clicking the reorder icon to the right of the Add New Policy button.
Your request has been submitted to the ADSelfService Plus technical support team. Our technical support people will assist you at the earliest.
Need technical assistance?
Enter your email ID
Talk to experts