Accounts tab helps you to view and manage all accounts in ServiceDesk Plus MSP. You can find all requests, changes, and problems associated with accounts from the accounts details page. From this tab, you can perform the following actions,
- Create New Accounts
- View Account Details
- Import Accounts from CSV
- Delete Accounts
- Edit Accounts
- Assign Solutions to Accounts
- Assign Notification Rules to Accounts
- Search for Accounts
- Configure Accounts Per Page
Apart from the existing accounts and imported accounts, you can manually create new accounts from this tab.
- Click the add new button in the Accounts tab. This opens the Add Account page.
- Add an account name, associate a default site, and choose a business impact for the account.
- Provide a URL for the account in the Login Web URL field. The requesters will log into their account using this URL.
- Fill out the address and contact information for that account.
- You can either choose to use default login page/ header image or upload a new one for the account. Requesters can see these logos when logging in using the login URL configured above.
- Enable advisory if you want to give users any prior information about the account.
- Add any attachments if any. Attachment size should not exceed 10MB.Use the Toggle button beside each attachment to choose whether to display the attachment to the technicians associated with the account. Click the Show All/Hide All button to show/hide all the attachments respectively.
Importing Accounts from CSV file
Instead of adding accounts manually every time, you can make use of this feature to import accounts from your existing database. ServiceDesk Plus provides an easy-to-use CSV import option to import all relevant account and contact information from your existing database or even from other applications. The application also provides, Scheduling a CSV import to keep its database in sync with the customer's database.
To import contacts from CSV file,
Click the Accounts tab in the header pane to open the accounts list view page.
Click Import Accounts from CSV link.
Step 1: Upload CSV file
Click on the Browse button to select the CSV file.
On locating the CSV file from the file chooser window, click Submit.
Step 2: Map Columns
From this section, you can import both account and contact information at the same time.
Map fields under Account Details, Address, Contact Information, Support e-mail address, and with the field names from the CSV file.
Step 3: Import
Click the Import Now button. The account details from the CSV file is imported.
Once the import is complete, a list of imported/ failed records is displayed in a pop-up.
- Bulk select the accounts using the radio button and use the Delete option at the top to remove those accounts.
Note: If requests are raised for an account, then that account cannot be deleted.
- Click on the edit icon present alongside accounts in the account list view.
- Update the fields and click save.
Assign solutions to accounts
If you use specific solutions for specific accounts, you can assign solutions to a particular account from this page.
- Select an account from the accounts list view page.
- Click on Assign Solutions at the top. Solutions will be listed in the drop-down.
- Select the ones you want to assign to the account.
- Click Assign to account. The solutions will be assigned to the selected account.
Assign notification rules to accounts
Similar to solutions, you can assign specific notification rules to be applied for requests/changes/problems under a particular account.
- Select the accounts and click Assign Notifications at the top.
- Notification rules will be listed. Select the ones you want to associate and click assign to account. Notification rules will be associated with the selected accounts.
Use the search bar at the top to find out specific accounts. Keywords, alphabet or column-wise search option can also be used to narrow down on accounts.
Use this option to load 25, 50, 100, 150, 200, or 250 accounts per page in the list view.