Setting the telephony server details is necessary to enable Computer Telephony Integration (CTI), which enables features like Screen Pop, Click to Dial, and so on
Note: The Trial Edition allows you to try Computer Telephony Integration for 30-days.
CTI is an add-on feature and therefore has to be separately purchased in addition to the Standard or Professional or Enterprise edition. For more details, please refer to the Editions Comparison link.
Steps to Set Telephony Server Settings
Login to the ServiceDesk Plus - MSP application using the Username and Password of an Admin user.
Click the Admin tab in the header pane.
Under MSP Details block, click Telephony Server Settings . The Telephony Server Details page is displayed. Fill-in the following information, as required:
- Telephony Server: Select the server to be configured to enable CTI. [Currently, only Asterisk and AvayaAES (Application Enablement Services) PBX are supported.
- Server Name/IP Address: Enter the Server name or IP address of the server, which has Asterisk/Avaya AES PBX installed.
- Port: Specify the Port Number of the Asterisk/Avaya AES server. By default, the port number for Asterisk server is 5038 and for Avaya AES server is 450.
- TLinks: [Applicable only for Avaya AES server] Click the Get TLink button to populate values in the TLink field. The TLink establishes connection between the Call Manager and the Avaya AES Server.
- Username: Enter the username of the call manager, to login to the Asterisk/Avaya AES server.
- Password: Enter the password of the call manager, to login to the Asterisk/Avaya AES server.
- Click Save. The configuration is saved and ServiceDesk Plus - MSP will try to establish connection with the Asterisk/Avaya AES server.
- Asterisk version upto 1.6.2 is supported. For Avaya , AES ( Application Enablement Services ) should be ON.
- On successful connection, the Call Alert status is enabled by clicking the Enable button. By default, this option is disabled. To enable the pop up of the Call Alerts screen, select the Enable Incoming Call Alert check box in Call Alert block under "Admin -> MSP Details --> Technicians".