ServiceDesk Plus, our full-stack ITSM software, integrates with Microsoft tools including Teams and Outlook, enabling IT teams to deliver stellar employee experiences across digital remote workspaces. We are working on adding new capabilities to these integrations by leveraging Universal Actions for tighter and contextual integration between these apps. This new feature, Universal Actions for Adaptive Cards, will allow service desk technicians and users to perform quick tasks right from Microsoft tools, including their Outlook mailbox and Teams. This upcoming update can reduce the friction between business and IT, ultimately benefiting the organization.
One of the complex services that IT teams deliver every day is the onboarding of new employees, which requires contributions and approvals from multiple teams, like HR, IT, and the admin team. Without contextual access and permissions to the multiple stakeholders involved in handling such requests, delivering the service on time can be quite a task. The new Universal Actions for Adaptive Cards eases the whole process as showcased below:
- The prospective employee signs the offer letter and confirms their start date.
- The onboarding HR manager raises an asset provisioning request within the ServiceDesk Plus app for Teams.
- The manager receives a notification from ServiceDesk Plus with the actionable cards, which allows them to view the details of the request and approve it right from the email.
- With this approval done and the ticket updated, the second level of approval from the IT admin can be triggered via the ServiceDesk Plus bot in Teams.
- The IT admin can mark their approval for the ticket from the Teams app.
- With the necessary approvals issued, the technician can despatch the requested assets and mark their tasks complete via the actionable card in the task notification email triggered from ServiceDesk Plus.
This way, the upcoming Universal Actions for Adaptive Cards in the ServiceDesk Plus app for Microsoft tools makes it easy for business and IT stakeholders to collaborate on critical tickets from multiple platforms that are suitable and accessible to them, including the ServiceDesk Plus app for Teams and Outlook.
The Universal Actions for Adaptive Cards in the ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus app for Microsoft tools will be available for all users of ServiceDesk Plus Cloud who use Microsoft applications by the end of Q2 2021. If you have any questions, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in learning more about ServiceDesk Plus and its integration with various Microsoft solutions, please book your free one-on-one demo slot with our product experts here.