Adding Syslog Devices
Prerequisite: Click here to configure the syslog services on your device.
In the Manage Devices page, navigate to the Syslog Devices tab and click on the +Add Device(s) button.
Enter the device name or IP address in the Device(s) field and click on the Add button. Follow the steps below to discover and add the Syslog devices in your network automatically:
- Click on the Discover & Add link in the Add Syslog Devices window. You can discover the Syslog devices in your network based on the IP range (Start IP to End IP) or CIDR.
- Enter the Start IP and End IP or the CIDR range in order to discover the Syslog devices and click on Next.
- Pick the SNMP credentials to automatically discover the Syslog devices in your network. By default, the public SNMP credentials can be used to scan the Syslog devices in your network.
- You may also add an SNMP credential by clicking on the +Add Credential button. Once you pick the SNMP credential, click on the Scan button to automatically discover the Syslog devices in the specified IP or CIDR range.
- Select the device(s) by clicking on the respective checkbox(es). You can easily search for a device using the search box or by filtering based on the Device Type and Vendor.
- Click on the Add Device(s) button to add the devices for monitoring.
Once a Unix device has been added, you will be prompted to Configure Auto Log Forward.