Active Directory Exchange Management Tools
Microsoft Exchange Server is the backbone of messaging service in most of the organizations and works in synchronization with the Active Directory. Hence, management of Microsoft Exchange Server is as important as managing the Windows Active Directory for any administrator. But under the existing management architecture, an administrator has to switch among "ADUC", "Exchange System Manager", "Exchange Management Console", "PowerShell" and "Exchange Management Shell". Using the native Exchange and Active Directory tools, it is an extremely tedious and taxing task to monitor and control the Windows Active Directory and Exchange to ensure optimum performance. Moreover it is not possible for administrators to manage Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007/2010 servers simultaneously in a single console. Even, allowing help desks to just create mailboxes alone is not viable as the help desk must be granted full organization rights to create mailbox. Also, the existing exchange management console does not provide any support to set mailbox properties like mailbox size, mailbox recipient, mailbox recovery, etc, while creating the mailbox for users. Hence, the need of the hour is a software which implements all these administrative needs into features.
Keeping in mind the demands for efficient administration of Active Directory and Exchange Server, ADManager Plus offers the following features:
- "All–in–one" user management console – Enables management of Exchange Server and Active Directory from a single console.
- "Multi–mode" operational console – Allows administrators to manage both Exchange Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2007/2010 simultaneously from a single console.
- "Runtime Mailbox Provisioning" – Set mailbox properties during creation Set up a mailbox's properties right when you are creating it. (Natively, you create a mailbox with the minimum-required attributes and then configure the rest.)
- Administrators can delegate help desks the rights of creating and setting mailbox properties by assigning the ready-to-use "ADManager Plus templates" to help desks.
- Disable / Delete Exchange Mailbox – deleting a User's Exchange Mailbox becomes a simple GUI activity in ADManager Plus, freeing you from having to toggle between ADUC and Exchange's native tools.
Finally, adding to the myriad list of amenities, ADManager Plus alleviates the administrative burden by enabling "creation of mailboxes and setting mailbox properties" for bulk users by just importing a CSV file.
Exchange Mailbox Creation
Exchange mailbox creation for users is an imperative task for Active Directory administrators to facilitate business communication in organizations-through emails. With ADManager Plus, the easy-to-use Windows Active Directory Management and Reporting tool, administrators can create mailbox as well as set mailbox properties – both during user creation. Following are the property modifications that can be carried out along with mailbox creation.
Yes. ADManager Plus, a web-based active directory and Exchange Management software, provides a comprehensive solution to all bulk management woes of an administrator and also helps in mass or bulk creation and monitoring of mailbox enabled users and mail enabled users from a single console. Some of the distinct features include:
- Modify SMTP address: You can easily add multiple email addresses for users ensuring they all map to the same mailbox.
- Modify exchange features : You can enable/disable the exchange services attributes which include: Outlook mobile access(OMA), Outlook web access(OWA), POP3 protocol and IMAP4 protocol.
- Set Delivery Restrictions: Easily reset the sending/receiving mail size of the users.
- Set Delivery Options: Easily set/reset "send on behalf" and forwarding address.
- Storage Limits: Change the storage limits of user's mailboxes.
Set Mailbox Rights
Setting mailbox rights is very critical as it deals with the security of user mailboxes. With ADManager Plus, it is further simplified with the following advantages:
- Administrators can set mailbox rights for bulk users at a time very easily .
- In Exchange 2007/2010 Server, you can set mailbox rights only using the Exchange Management Shell, but with ADManager Plus, you can carry out all the exchange tasks in the product itself.
Mail Enabled Users, Groups and Contacts
With ADManager Plus it is very easy to create mail-enabled users in bulk by just importing a CSV file. Also, administrators can set any kind of restriction on mail-enabled groups and contacts to prevent any security breach
Modify Exchange Offline Address Book
With ADManager Plus, administrators can easily set offline address book for users within a few few clicks. Also, it is possible to set offline address book for bulk users at a time by just importing a CSV file.
Disable / Delete Exchange Mailbox
ADManager Plus simplifies the task of disabling/deleting the mailbox users by enabling the administrators to:
- Delete the mailbox of multiple users in one single operation.
- Disable/Delete the mailbox for different versions of Exchange from one single console.
- Locate the users whose mailboxes have to be deleted using the search option or provide the list of users using the CSV import option.
Distribution List Reports
ADManager Plus makes it surprisingly easy and quick to generate all the required information about Exchange distribution lists or distribution groups, with distribution list based pre-built reports that can be exported and also scheduled.
Exchange Mailbox Migration
ADManager Plus's 'Exchange Mailbox Migration' feature turns the process of Exchange Server migration, from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007/2010 or from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010, into a simple and easy one.
|Reset password and set password propertied from a single web-based console, without compromising on the security of your AD! Delegate your password-reset powers to the helpdesk technicians too!
||Configure Active Directory Terminal Services attributes from a much simpler interface than AD native tools. Exercise complete control over technicians accessing other domain users' computers.
|Manage your Active Directory Security Groups. Create, Delete and Modify Groups...all in a few clicks. Configure Exchange attributes of AD Groups and effect bulk group changes to your AD security groups.
||Monitor logon activities of Active Directory users on your AD environment. Filter out Inactive Users. Reporting on hourly level. Generate reports for true last logon time & recently logged on users.
|Get rid of the inactive, obsolete and unwanted objects in your Active Directory to make it more secure and efficient...assisted by ADManager Plus's AD Cleanup capabilities.
||A complete automation of AD critical tasks such as user provisioning, inactive-user clean up etc. Also lets you sequence and execute follow-up tasks and blends with workflow to offer a brilliant controlled-automation.
Need Features? Tell Us
If you want to see additional features implemented in ADManager Plus, we would love to hear. Click here to continue
"We evaluated ADManager Plus along with several other Active Directory Management and Reporting software. After using it really made life easy for administrators. It is very understandable and fast to learn, I didn't even read the manual."
Bogdan Campeanu, Network Engineer