Configure Network Settings, Domain Membership, User Accounts, and Security Identifiers
OS Deployer does not stop with deploying the image to the target computers. It provides the ability to perform post-deployment configuration on the target computers that includes configuring the computer name, domain participation, network settings etc. Some of the important post-deployment actions that can be performed using OS Deployer include:
- User Accounts: Specify the local user accounts that needs to be created in the target computers
- Computer Name: Specify the DNS name for the target computer. You can use wild card characters to generate unique names
- Domain/ Workgroup Membership: The details of the domain or workgroup to which the target computer belong
- Network Settings: Specify the IP Address and the DNS Server IP for the target computers.
- Security Identifiers: To generate and assign unique security identifiers (SIDs) for the target computers.
- Transferring Files: To transfer specific files to the target computers
- Executing Applications: To start the service applications on the target computers.