U.S. passenger railroad service Amtrak victim of a data breach
On May 29, 2020, Amtrak revealed in a security advisory that a security incident affected the personal information, usernames, and passwords of its users. However, no credit card information, financial details, or Social Security numbers were compromised.
It was determined that an unauthorized third-party gained access to the Amtrak Guest Rewards accounts on April 16, 2020. Amtrak hired cybersecurity experts to investigate the incident, reset users’ passwords, and implemented additional security measures to prevent incidents in the future. The affected customers and federal law enforcement were notified. Amtrak is also offering complimentary one-year identity protection services to all impacted customers.
Arm yourself against cybersecurity disasters like this by investing in an all-encompassing tool that will protect your network from brute-force attacks, ransomware threats, and denial-of-service (DoS) attacks. Download ManageEngine Log360, a comprehensive solution to help you combat both internal and external security attacks.
How ManageEngine can help.
Log360, our comprehensive SIEM solution, can help your organization by:
- Alerting security teams in real time about events that require their immediate attention, such as network attacks, unauthorized access attempts to files or folders, security group membership changes, and account lockouts.
- Detecting unauthorized network access attempts with its built-in Structured Threat Information eXpression (STIX/TAXII) feeds processor. Log360 also has a global IP threat database that can instantly detect known malicious traffic passing through the network as well as outbound connections to malicious domains and callback servers.
- Finding potential insider threats with its user and entity behavior analytics engine, which creates a baseline of normal activities that are specific to each user and notifies security personnel instantly when there's a deviation from this norm.
- Obtaining important forensic information about incidents. The collected logs can be securely archived to help prove adherence to compliance standards and reduce potential legal penalties during investigations.
- Automatically raising incidents as tickets to specific technicians in ServiceDesk Plus, JIRA, Zendesk, Kayako, or ServiceNow to create an incident resolution process that's swift and accountable.
Download a free trial of Log360 to see the tool in action for yourself.
Latest Ransomware attacks
Latest Data breach attacks
Latest Email Phishing attacks
Latest DoS and DDoS attacks
Latest Brute force attack
Latest Advanced persistent threat (APT)