Education tech giant confirms third data breach in three years
Chegg, a California-based education technology company with over three million subscribers, has reported a data breach. Hackers stole details of 700 current and former employees, including their names and Social Security numbers.
This is Chegg's third security incident in the last three years. In 2018, the company suffered a major data breach that resulted in the loss of 40 million customer records including names, email addresses, shipping addresses, usernames and passwords. In 2019, Chegg confirmed another data breach. To investigate the breach and implement stronger security measures, Chegg hired a third-party forensic firm and notified law enforcement authorities of the breach.
Arm yourself against cybersecurity disasters like this by investing in a tool that will protect your network from brute-force attacks, ransomware threats, and denial-of-service (DoS) attacks. Download ManageEngine Log360, a comprehensive solution to help you combat both internal and external security attacks.
How ManageEngine can help.
Log360, our comprehensive SIEM solution, can help your organization by:
- Alerting security teams in real time about events that require their immediate attention, such as network attacks, unauthorized access attempts to files or folders, security group membership changes, and account lockouts.
- Detecting unauthorized network access attempts with its built-in Structured Threat Information eXpression (STIX/TAXII) feeds processor. Log360 also has a global IP threat database that can instantly detect known malicious traffic passing through the network as well as outbound connections to malicious domains and callback servers.
- Finding potential insider threats with its user and entity behavior analytics engine, which creates a baseline of normal activities that are specific to each user and notifies security personnel instantly when there's a deviation from this norm.
- Obtaining important forensic information about incidents. The collected logs can be securely archived to help prove adherence to compliance standards and reduce potential legal penalties during investigations.
- Automatically raising incidents as tickets to specific technicians in ServiceDesk Plus, JIRA, Zendesk, Kayako, or ServiceNow to create an incident resolution process that's swift and accountable.
Download a free trial of Log360 to see the tool in action for yourself.
Latest Ransomware attacks
Latest Data breach attacks
Latest Email Phishing attacks
Latest DoS and DDoS attacks
Latest Brute force attack
Latest Advanced persistent threat (APT)