IBM iSeries/AS400 password sync with Active Directory
The IBM eServer iSeries/AS400 is a mid-range server designed for use in small businesses and departments within large enterprises. It has now been improved to work well in distributed networks. Having different passwords in Active Directory and IBM servers increases the likelihood of users forgetting one or even both of the passwords. End-users calling the IT team to reset their passwords will increase the IT team’s workload.
The most simple solution is to deploy an Active Directory password synchronization tool that syncs the changes made to Active Directory passwords with IBM servers. ManageEngine ADSelfService Plus provides real-time password sync for IBM iSeries/AS400 and several other on-premises and cloud applications. This allows you to change passwords simultaneously across all applications.
How to integrate IBM iSeries/AS400 with Active Directory for password sync
Users have to remember many passwords in a corporate setup. With different password complexity requirements in each application, remembering a different set of passwords is a hassle for both users and administrators alike.
Why ADSelfService Plus?
- Unlike other password synchronization solutions, ADSelfService Plus lets you reset your IBM password, unlock your account, and change your IBM password directly from your mobile device. ADSelfService Plus is the complete, on-the-go password management solution for your password troubles.
- With ADSelfService Plus’ real-time password sync agent, a change made to your password in Active Directory is synchronized with the IBM servers in real time.
Automatic IBM password synchronization
When users reset their lost Windows Active Directory passwords with ADSelfService Plus, the new password is automatically synced with their IBM accounts. Users can log on to the IBM servers with their Windows passwords.
This way, users are freed from having to remember a multitude of passwords for their different accounts.
Self-service IBM iSeries/AS400 password reset
An additional advantage of using this tool is that users can change or reset just their IBM passwords without changing their AD password. ADSelfService Plus provides users an option to reset or change the password of their Windows AD environment or all connected applications. This enables users to change only their IBM machine passwords without having to change the password of their AD environment or any of the other connected cloud or on-premises applications.
Benefits of IBM password synchronization at a glance
ADSelfService Plus’ Password Synchronizer for IBM iSeries/AS400 assists with the following:
- Integrated identity: Create a secure, robust, and cost-effective one-identity solution in just a few clicks.
- Reduce password reset tickets: Allow users to reset their own passwords to minimize the workload of IT administrators.
- Real-time password synchronization: Ensure that users’ passwords for IBM systems are changed at the same time as their AD passwords.
- Unified password policy: Relieve end users from the need to remember multiple passwords.
Additional features provided by ADSelfService Plus
Self-Service Password Reset
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
Secure users' passwords; logins to endpoints, such as workstations; and VPN, OWA, and cloud application logins by implementing the various MFA methods supported by ADSelfService Plus. Learn more about MFA
Password Sync and Single Sign-On (SSO)
Synchronize Windows Active Directory passwords across multiple platforms to liberate users from having to remember multiple passwords. SSO provides a seamless experience and allows users to escape the hassle of entering their credentials across various cloud applications. Learn more about password sync
Password Expiration Notifier
Sync Active Directory password changes to IBM server accounts using ADSelfService Plus.