How to configure the Microsoft Outlook app to meet your organization's needs?
Microsoft Outlook has been the most preferred mail client on desktops and now with the help mobile device management solutions, using the Outlook app for mobile devices has become easier. These solutions can now take care of the entire configuration process and all the user has to do is enter the passwords and they will have complete access to all their mails.
Mobile Device Manager Plus MSP makes use of the Managed App Configurations, to apply these configurations on the app while it is being distributed. This way, the admin can simplify the initial set up process and also configure the Microsoft Outlook app based on the requirements of their organization.
For Android devices
- Android device with OS 5.0 or above, and enrolled as Profile Owner or Device Owner.
- Android for Work should be configured
- The app must be added to the repository using Android for Work to configure it.
For iOS devices
- iOS device with OS 10.0 or above, supervised
- Volume Purchase Program should be configured.
- The app must be added to the repository using Volume Purchase Program to configure it.
Follow the steps given below, to configure the app with the configuration:
- On the MDM MSP console, click on Device Mgmt tab and select App Repository.
- Click the Microsoft Outlook app to view more details and apply the configurations.
- Select the Configurations tab which appears only if Managed App Configurations is supported by the app developer.
- For Android devices, you will find a list of fields where you can enter values to the configurations you want to apply. In the case of iOS devices, you can upload an XML file with the required configurations.
- Make use of dynamic variables to ensure that these configurations can be applied to all the users. Dynamic variables fetch the respective value that has been assigned to the device.
- Once you have entered the values and made all the changes, click save.
- The apps can now be distributed to the devices or groups.