Enroll devices through E-mail invites
Enrollment by invites is one of the most simplest methods of enrollment available, whereby the users enroll their devices. Firstly, the Admin needs to send an enrollment request to the e-mail address of the user, whose device is to be enrolled. The user then follows the instructions given in the mail, to enroll the device with MDM. You can use 3 different methods to authenticate the user during device enrollment as explained here. Additionally you can also send several enrollment requests at once using bulk enrollment by uploading a CSV file(View Sample CSV).
Using QR code
In addition to manually entering the requisite details to enroll the device, users can optionally scan the QR code present on the enrollment invites to competely automate the process, leading to faster enrollment of devices. This is supported only for iOS, iPadOS, macOS and Android.
If One Time Passcode(OTP) is selected as the authentication method,
Scanning the QR code, completes the enrollment process resulting in the device getting enrolled with MDM.
If Active Directory(AD) or Two-Factor Authentication(2FA) is selected as the authentication method,
Scanning the QR code and providing the AD credentails, completes the enrollment process resulting in the device getting enrolled with MDM.
Sample CSV Format
- The CSV file should contain the following fields: Email Address, Platform Type, Owned By, Group Name.
- The fields Email Address and Platform Type are mandatory. All the other fields are optional. If not provided, default values are taken
- The default values for various non-mandatory fields are:
Owned By -- Corporate
Group Name -- Default Group for given Owned By & Platform Type.
- The first line of the CSV is the column header and the columns can be in any order.
- Blank column values should be comma separated.
- If the column value contains comma, it should be specified within quotes.