Configuring Test Parameters and Threshold Template for WAN Monitor
Define a template with the required WAN monitoring settings to be used for monitoring performance. The RTT template comes with pre-populated default values. OpManager uses the configured values to simulate traffic. Incase you would like to effect some changes to the values before initiating monitoring, make the changes as follows
Configuring Test Parameters
OpManager uses the default settings specified here,
- Payload: The default value is 24 kb. Specify an echo payload value in the range of 0 to 16384.
- Type of Service: Specify the Echo TOS in the range of 0 to 255, the default being 30.
- Operation Frequency: Specify the interval in the range of 0 to 604800 msecs. The default interval is 60. The operation frequency is the frequency with which QoS metrics are collected by the IP SLA agent on your network to determine performance.
- Operation Timeout: Specify the timeout in the range of 0 to 604800000, the default being 60 msecs. Make sure that the timeout interval is lesser than the configured operation frequency so that if the operation is not successful, that is, if there is no response from the device, or in the event of a delay, the request is timed out and the subsequent operation is launched at the configured frequency correctly.
Defining Threshold for Round Trip Time
You can define a threshold template so that you are alerted with the WAN monitor violates a specified value. Here are the steps to define a threshold template:
- Click on Settings. Click on to IPSLA under Monitoring section. Click on WAN Threshold Template tab.
- Configure the upper and lower threshold limits for Round Trip time in msecs, the range being 0 to 60000 msecs. You can also choose various notification profiles configured in OpManager to alert you.