Configuring Additional Device Properties
Configure additional properties of a device by adding additional fields. This makes device management easy.
- From Admin tab, select Additional Fields. A list of pre-populated fields is shown.
- Select Device from Associate pre-defined fields to all list-box.
- Click Add Field button on the top right corner of this table and configure the following values.
- Field Name: Configure the name of the additional
- Type: Select the property type
- Field Length: Set the length of the field.
- Description : Add a meaningful description for the field.
- Click Save to apply the configuration.
The properties added is applied to all the devices. The additional fields are displayed when you click the Device Notes tab in the device snapshot page. These properties are useful when configuring notification profiles. To delete these fields, select the corresponding check-box, and click the Delete link on the top right corner of this table.
Adding field properties in bulk
You can add field properties to multiple devices via a CSV file. Follow the steps given below:
- Click on Import Field properties from CSV button.
- Browse and select the CSV file. The CSV file should be in the following format
- Click OK.
- Map the Field Name with the CSV Header.
- Click OK.
The field properties are applied to the devices successfully.
Copyright © 2012, ZOHO Corp
. All Rights Reserved.